Author Topic: We need to dump the Galaxian 3 theather6 arcade somehow.  (Read 3353 times)

ThatGuyNamedAA

• Hey
    • View Profile
We need to dump the Galaxian 3 theather6 arcade somehow.
« on: September 25, 2022, 02:16:53 AM »
I've been through the posts on Galaxian3 and stuff and it's sad to see that the official dump has been shut down, thus causing Galaxian3 to be lost media again, but I can stand it. It's sad to see such a game be lost in this world and it's getting boring to play the Playstation version. The only way to dump it to locate the locations of the last theaters. Is it even possible to find it and finally dump the bios and LD once and for all??
 :-\

One of the locations of the theater is the one at AgraGames CoinopMuseum ( https://www.facebook.com/agragames/ ) What should we do?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: We need to dump the Galaxian 3 theather6 arcade somehow.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 10:09:05 PM »
The Roms are already available in Mame. The LD rip is not the issue at this point. The issue is the driver itself in Mame (not finished). For instance how to manage dual screen, LD overlay and how both CPUs are communicating each other + with the others boards... that were the kind of questions years ago. Maybe these topics could be (or are) fixed by now ? It looks like a complex piece of hardware to emulate. I'm sure once If someone would go back on this driver, the LD rip won't be the issue...
So in short, LD rip is not the show stopper today. It's just that some dev have to work on that hardware and finish the driver. I really hope someone will do one day...

talnova

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 07:25:22 AM »
Yeah I keep trying to get Namco and other companies involved in wanting to save these games before they become "Lost Media"  sadly no one seems interested and more interested in making 10,000 more Dragon's Lair!  games which really makes me sad for game preservation. 

starlord

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 11:09:49 AM »
Actually, to be perfectly fair, a dump of the day of the zolgear roms would also be very useful, as those specific roms haven?t been dumped to my knowledge, right? If given the opportunity one day, it would be great to preserve them.

And laserdisc wise, bit rot is and remains a thing. But the domesday duplicator has made tremendous progress in completely imaging LDs with no data loss. The question is to have the gal3 and zolgear LDs handy.

Out of curiosity darthnuno? How many roms were present in the zolgear cab that are yet to be dumped?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 08:17:46 AM »
Out of curiosity darthnuno? How many roms were present in the zolgear cab that are yet to be dumped?

Well, can't really tell as I had an entire set of Projet Dragoon boards + entire set of Zolgear, so I never had to deal with roms swap. I remember having seen pictures of the Dragoon -> Zolgear kit upgrade from someone selling it in US, which shows the roms to swap. I should still have the pictures somewhere in my archives... I'll post them when I'll find them back.

starlord

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2022, 11:41:33 AM »
Thanks. If at some point the person who obtained your boards would agree to a rom dump of zolgear, it would be a great starting point to know what boards need to be dumped per se.

Incidentally, it would be a great victory preservation wise, as zolgear doesn?t even have a port contrarily to mainstream galaxian3.

ThatGuyNamedAA

• Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2023, 02:00:48 PM »
Can someone send me resources to where I can obtain the ROM and the LD rip?