Author Topic: Starblade Restoration - New Part manufacturing thread.  (Read 4603 times)

HHaase

• View Profile
Starblade Restoration - New Part manufacturing thread.
« on: June 10, 2021, 04:21:05 AM »
OK guys, this has been a bit of a brisk topic for me the past month,  so I am going to dust off a couple projects from 8 years ago and start a couple of new ones for everybody.   There's not a huge amount of things I can easily re-make, but I think I can hit on a couple of the more common, and one of the most critical.

1 -  DOMES
I am going to try again to organize a group-buy for new domes here in the USA.  I've already talked with a couple of you in other forums and via email,  and I am in the process of fresh price quotes.   Now, If anybody in the USA is interested in a replacement dome, please please please email me sooner rather than later.   If this happens, I don't know if I can do it more than once.  I also have no idea on price.   If you're interested, I'm going to have to know by June 15th, 2021.   I'll give more info once I have it.  If pricing is decent I may order a few extras to keep on hand but it won't be many, if any.   The biggest concern for me on this is shipping.

2 - Replacement yolk buttons
I've mentioned it before, but I did upload the 3D models for new yolk buttons onto thingiverse,  and can make them for you via my store at a reasonable price.   (DarthNuno,  is it ok if I post my store info on here?)

3 -  Replacement yolk LED boards.
I'm probably going to do a short run of these as well by request.  I'm only starting to look into it,  so no idea yet on time and pricing.

4 - Flashboys.
I'd LOVE to do an LED replacement board that goes in place of the original strobes.   I just cannot find my original info that had the pinouts and voltages on the original factory strobes.  If anybody can provide that I'd love to look more into this. 

HHaase

• View Profile
Re: Starblade Restoration - New Part manufacturing thread.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 05:27:41 PM »
A bit more of a note on the flashboy lamps.....

The Red/Black wires are 100v power input,  and there is a transformer for converting to 100v, at least on US models.
This makes it possible I can do a conversion kit of some type.

The Green and Yellow wires are the trigger wires.   Does anybody have info on what kind of trigger signal is being generated by the game?
If I can figure out the trigger specs I can make an LED replacement panel.

-Hans

HHaase

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 03:42:05 PM »
2021 pricing on the domes is a lot higher than when I last quoted them.
Best pricing I can get, and that's if I buy 10+ pieces, is $500 per dome.
Then you need to add on the freight, as these need to come on a pallet due to the size.

I'm going to keep looking for better pricing.

-Hans

HHaase

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 10:02:21 PM »
Looks like $500 each will be the 2021 pricing on domes.

I need a couple more people to be interested in this to make it happen.   

Let me know!!!!!

talnova

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 11:20:22 PM »
Still needing a Dome - my starblade is fully complete and probably the only Deluxe Version of this machine. 
Thanks if any one in the Starblade community can please help.