Author Topic: Monitor Replacement - Mounting Bracket  (Read 5760 times)

mlynn1974

• View Profile
Monitor Replacement - Mounting Bracket
« on: January 30, 2020, 03:02:53 AM »
Hi, many years ago I posted about my Outrun Machine:
https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=1077.0

The machine still exists but for various reasons it has never been repaired properly.
I now have time to continue this project.
The monitor was in storage and has now been returned to my house.

The monitor is beyond repair, the board at the back was filthy, the front of the screen had bad burn-in. It has gone to the skip.

However I have saved the mounting bracket because it had a Sega serial number on it.
It was held on with 4 10mm bolts, and the chassis was held on with 2 screws at the back.
I thought it best to save the metal mounting bracket because it fits Outrun perfectly.

The mounting bracket is filthy, not only with dust and dirt but it seems to be some kind of grease.
Is it safe to clean the mounting bracket with hot soapy water?
Do I have to treat it with any oil or thermal grease before putting it back in the cabinet?
Sorry if these are dumb questions but I really don't know.

I also need a suitable replacement monitor that would be easy to fit, looks good and safe to use.

I really need to buy a new switching transformer for the game boards, and I think a separate LCD monitor is the safest way to go however that might mean a multiplug inside the cabinet. Hopefully a local electrician can do all the electrics for me as I am not qualified to do this.

The old monitor said 110V. I think it was by Nanao.