Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
January 20, 2020, 01:44:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW'S IT GOING, GUYS - are you still in it or have you given up?  (Read 222 times)
Tyrem
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 07:23:25 PM »

how many games do you have in your basement now? and what about jochen? where does he store all his games? i see you guys on facebook flying all across the world, although i have no idea what you are doing there ...  Tongue

a bit more than 50 machines in total. Jochen has around 20 i would estimate. he has nice stuff like warlords cocktail and two star wars. one upright and one sitdown. i only have the sitdown. Cheesy bloody Jochen!!! Wink

oh we went to Joe. that is Jochens contact for the worldwide distribution of the highscore savekits. it went totally through the roof in the last two years. while we did that we also visited some major cities and some old friends from back then when we were doing demos and games on the Atari ST. We met Tim (God of War, League of Legends) and Fabrice (Star Wars - Fallen Order) in Santa Monica and it was a blast.

Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!
Digimon

Germany - Hamburg

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 08:05:03 PM »

There are good events in germany still ongoing.

i know, this following the forums. just wasn't ready for dirk's and thorsten's party last year!

The next date is in Leverkusen in the end of february.
with a great new Seawolf and a Gorf added to the gameroom.

Searching Zaccaria Stuff: Zaxxon CPO, JumpBug CPO or CPO Repro
next project: assemble Zaccaria Vanguard.
Andreas_AUT

hello world

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 07:34:01 AM »

didn't you start building a gameroom in your house? i'm really happy with the space i have available, the problem is that i can't do the work on my own, i'm just not talented enough for that kind of work, therefore i have to depend on other guys - and that's something i REALLY hate!!!

Well, my original plan was to use the attic or in other words, build a 2nd floor to the house. Sadly, costs would have been super high, so i dismissed these plans ( which i kinda regret nowadays ). The other place is 1 room in my first floor, but with 16 qm2, space is limited ( most cabs are waiting in my garage ).
Actually, I try to get connection to some other guys ( they have consoles and arcade cabs too ) not far away from here. And maybe, we can combine our cabs at one place and meet there for playing.

You can be lucky with your space, Ully. And I can understand you about knowledge of work - i didnt know anything too before renovating the house. But you will learn with every step!

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 04:55:54 PM »

a shame that this didn't work out, andreas, unfortunately stuff like that can get damn expensive. btw, it might have also been destiny, because getting cabs and (and down) to the second floor can be a pain in the ass - i've done that in my old apartment and that was level 3. perhaps it was just not meant to be and your next solution will work much better. i'm really happy that i now have the space AND everything is on the ground floor with easy access to the rooms!

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 01:10:51 PM »

btw andreas, i can't seem to find your old gameroom thread. did you even post it here on the forum?

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
Andreas_AUT

hello world

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2020, 04:59:16 PM »

btw, it might have also been destiny..

maybe yeah :-D but i also planned an elevator into that project ( add + 20k € minimum and yearly service ), because im old and fat, i cant put the cabs up there alone Cheesy .

I have to look if i posted the gameroom plans here too, well they are definitely at AZ.

( i mean if i get rid of my cars, i would have more than enough space... for now  Grin

btw your space in your cellar is amazing, I mean you could put your whole collection in it, if you skip the profi gerät  Grin
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:16:11 PM by Andreas_AUT » Logged

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2020, 01:26:04 PM »

an ELEVATOR?  Shocked Shocked Shocked ok, that is something i had NEVER heard before someone planning to do and THAT costs some serious money indeed. i found the plans on the AZ forum, so no need to post them here. somehow it's a shame that you didn't finish that, because nothing beats having your games at home and not somewhere you have to drive ...

as for my collection: i've already stated in my elektro arkade thread that i've thinned down the herd, sold a few which i shouldn't have sold (especially not for that price), but it is what it is, my plans are basically done and the arcade is FULL - including the profi geraet  Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: