Author Topic: HOW'S IT GOING, GUYS - are you still in it or have you given up?  (Read 15244 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
time to start a new thread on this once fabulous forum (which has fallen into some kind of hibernation) - must be my first one for more than two years. anyway, believe it or not, i'm honestly HONESTLY H-O-N-E-S-T-L-Y thinking about "returning to the scene", but i will talk about that in another thread which has to be resurrected from the dead.

but before i dive into that, i'm curious what you guys have been up to these past few years and if you are still somehow connected to the scene. i know that andré sold all his stuff, but he's posting here from time to time. i'm pretty sure i'm going to forget someone, so please don't be mad, but simply put in your thoughts, because i REALLY wanna know what's going on with you guys!

@andré: do you regret selling all your stuff and not keeping at least one machine? have you ever thought about returning?

@erik: i know that you have started some kind of printing / cutting thingy, but what about your collection? EDIT: just spotted that it has also been sold. so the same questions to you that i asked andré ...

@michael: what about the  danish shed? what's going on there? seen on facebook that you sold your star wars cockpits

@chris: what about you? still have that rented apartment behind your house? still collecting?

@bela: how are things in hungary (it was hungary, right?) still zaccaria all the way?

@etienne: still printing those alu stickers from time to time, but what about the rest? any new mcgyver projects?

@bruno: seeing you sell the G3 really hurt to be honest, and that's coming from someone who never saw it in real life. what's going on in your three gamerooms? still got the fever?

@stefan: when i left you were still on top of everything, filling up your basement to the limit. how are things going for you and jochen these days?

to all the rest, newbies and oldies: please let me / us know how the hobby is going for you these days. i've said it before: i kinda lost interest when the container thing started, but never stopped reading forums - and i still kinda like those old machines. my plans for the arcade have changed a bit, but as i've said before, i'll talk about that in "my" separate thread. but why don't we get a conversation going here first?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 06:02:51 PM by Superully »
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: HOW'S IT GOING, GUYS - are you still in it or have you given up?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 12:11:58 AM »
I'm still going. Looking for Paperboy stuff!

Digimon

• Germany - Hamburg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 07:12:48 AM »
I am still in the scene.

Collecting Zaccaria and building a Atari lineup ( got a Space Duel cocktail last week).

There are good events in germany still ongoing.

still searching for Paperboy and Firefox.

Great you are coming back to us;)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:41:32 AM by Digimon »
Searching Zaccaria Stuff: Zaxxon CPO, JumpBug CPO or CPO Repro
next project: assemble Zaccaria Vanguard.

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 08:23:26 AM »
Hey Ully, welcome back! Nice to hear from you again.

Im up to 31 machines ( 2 pins included ) now but still fight with the biggest issue in this hobby: space ( storage, not the universum :D ).
Well and playing games on my PC stops me continue my 800 fathoms restauration. But I got parts for my projects, the restauration can continue.
And about collecting / gaming itself, well there are times where my interest in playing / turning on the arcade games is very limited. But that changes from time to time :D

muddymusic

• Arcade Art Shop
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Shop
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 11:00:52 AM »
I sold most of my dedicated cab collection a while back, but bought in lots new stuff last year. A couple of good raids made sure I was kept interested, and found some pretty unusual stuff.
Lots of restoration projects ready for this year, some I've already made a start on....Playchoice-10 Midi (with a 14" and 10" monitor, very small cab I've never seen one before!), Initial-D, Tokyo Wars and a few more should keep me busy.
repro artwork supplier, visit www.arcadeartshop.com

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 11:20:35 AM »
Hi Ully, nice to hear from you again,

Yes i have done some decal runs on alu, here and there, and now finishing up batch #12
But due to lack of time i have decided that i will only publish the stuff that i have left here on my webstore and occasionally do some printing, but the idea is to stop with that

for the rest not much spectacular, i have still one empty zaccaria shell to build at my mothers place.

I did visit thorsten and dirk not too long ago with my son.

As for other macgyver projects, i have picked up a project that i used to do when i was young, Restoring / building a 1973 Zundapp moped

« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 11:24:01 AM by Etienne MacGyver »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 02:30:23 PM »

Welcome back Ully  :)

@bruno: seeing you sell the G3 really hurt to be honest, and that's coming from someone who never saw it in real life. what's going on in your three gamerooms? still got the fever?

Well, I had to pass the G3 to a place where -I hope- many people could see & play it, and no more hidden in my room. But I'm sure I'll be involved when they will assemble it again, so my story with G3 is maybe not done yet  ;)
Selling some 'collectibles' games and decided to keep only games which I have some affect with (games I played back in the days, or those I really appreciate to play)...
I now share my free time between kids (2), my guitar (see my covers guitar youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86ovQhCbUkH3xs7VB4LZLQ) and my arcade games  8)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 03:07:11 PM »

@stefan: when i left you were still on top of everything, filling up your basement to the limit. how are things going for you and jochen these days?

oh i slowed down a bit but did not sell anything. my last purchase was Dragons Lair 2 from Bruno. I guess I have pretty much everything I wanted... well... maybe except one or two or three machines... maybe 5.... hmm.. or 10... damn.. fu**... ;)

jochens collection is growing. he has some really cool machines now and he is big into developing his savekits now.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 04:12:40 PM »
Nice to see you back my Friend! :D
I'm still in the hobby, but downsized my cab and parts collection a bit.
Still have a dozen upright cabs, a Combat pinball and a Bonanza rifle game. ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 06:35:35 PM »
There are good events in germany still ongoing.

i know, this following the forums. just wasn't ready for dirk's and thorsten's party last year!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 06:37:17 PM »
Im up to 31 machines ( 2 pins included ) now but still fight with the biggest issue in this hobby: space ( storage, not the universum :D ).
Well and playing games on my PC stops me continue my 800 fathoms restauration. But I got parts for my projects, the restauration can continue.
And about collecting / gaming itself, well there are times where my interest in playing / turning on the arcade games is very limited. But that changes from time to time :D

didn't you start building a gameroom in your house? i'm really happy with the space i have available, the problem is that i can't do the work on my own, i'm just not talented enough for that kind of work, therefore i have to depend on other guys - and that's something i REALLY hate!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 06:39:06 PM »
for the rest not much spectacular, i have still one empty zaccaria shell to build at my mothers place.

I did visit thorsten and dirk not too long ago with my son.

As for other macgyver projects, i have picked up a project that i used to do when i was young, Restoring / building a 1973 Zundapp moped

what are your plans with that shell? you've been holding on to it for a long time now, haven't you?

regarding the party: i thought back and forth about coming, but wasn't mentally ready yet  ;). pretty sure it was great!

restoring a zundapp moped: this sounds like a great project for you. have fun my friend!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 06:56:20 PM »
Well, I had to pass the G3 to a place where -I hope- many people could see & play it, and no more hidden in my room. But I'm sure I'll be involved when they will assemble it again, so my story with G3 is maybe not done yet  ;)
Selling some 'collectibles' games and decided to keep only games which I have some affect with (games I played back in the days, or those I really appreciate to play)...
I now share my free time between kids (2), my guitar (see my covers guitar youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86ovQhCbUkH3xs7VB4LZLQ) and my arcade games  8)

oh, you have two kids now? man, time flies - and of course having kids changes EVERYTHING. i have two questions for you:
(1) can you do a guitar cover of a marillion song for me (steve rothery IS one of the best guitar players out there) - but please NO KAYLEIGH ...
(2) DO YOU WANNA SELL YOUR PONG?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 06:57:28 PM »
oh i slowed down a bit but did not sell anything. my last purchase was Dragons Lair 2 from Bruno. I guess I have pretty much everything I wanted... well... maybe except one or two or three machines... maybe 5.... hmm.. or 10... damn.. fu**... ;)

jochens collection is growing. he has some really cool machines now and he is big into developing his savekits now.

how many games do you have in your basement now? and what about jochen? where does he store all his games? i see you guys on facebook flying all across the world, although i have no idea what you are doing there ...  :P

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 06:58:32 PM »
I'm still in the hobby, but downsized my cab and parts collection a bit.
Still have a dozen upright cabs, a Combat pinball and a Bonanza rifle game. ;)

and they are still all in your living room? do you have a photo or two of your current lineup? i'd be really interested in seeing some pics  8)