Author Topic: Reproduction Taito Space Invaders Cocktail Control Panels  (Read 8848 times)

Kaizen

• View Profile
Reproduction Taito Space Invaders Cocktail Control Panels
« on: February 08, 2017, 11:17:22 AM »
I've posted about these on some other forums and thought some people on here might be interested.
I have ordered the production of 25 sets of reproduction panels as per the artwork below, the artwork was completed today and they should be ready in about 2 weeks.
They are anodised onto aluminium and not screen printed or vinyl stickers.
The end result is a much more scratch/wear resistant panel.
I will keep at least 5 sets for myself so there will be 20 sets available for the Aussie Arcade community.
The holes will be laser cut to match the originals.
I'll also be printing off the aluminium stickers to go over the Japanese writing for those who prefer to have their cab look like it did originally.

I started with this image that I had for a while that was done by a member on AA Forum. They were made to be printed onto clear adhesive vinyl and laid over the top of and original panel.

While the art looked good there were missing objects and the text was in English whereas the original panels here in Australia all had Japanese writing on them with English stickers laid over the top.

I got the control panels scanned so the artwork can be reproduced as close to original as possible.

PDF links below

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzy5XMBV05xGbU5VS3lxNGp5VUE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzy5XMBV05xGOXRISG1qX1BrOEU

I'm terrible at Illustrator so I had a generous person volunteer to trace the artwork for me.
Here is the latest revision and apart from just one tweak left to do the artwork is 100% spot on.

I printed the artwork onto transparency film and laid it over the top of my original panels to compare.

The positioning and art (spaceships) are all correct and all button and bolt holes are confirmed.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 06:53:03 AM by Kaizen »

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
Re: Reproduction Taito Space Invaders Cocktail Control Panels
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 04:57:23 PM »
Thats what I call nice work, im sure that measurements took some time!

Btw how thick is that aluminium plate where it has been anodised?
Im asking because the cpo is originally printed on the metal cp itself ( example picture ) and I only have some reproduction on a  sticker, which sits on the cp now ( and im not so happy with it ).

Kaizen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:04:43 PM »
The thickness is the same as the original panel, 2mm I think??... they have a sample to work off.
They can do any size, This run of 50 panels (25 sets) cost AU$3,000.
A small run is not cost effective.
It's a company in Western Australia but I don't know who they are.
I'm going through a local guy who contracts the job out to them.

I haven't seen the artwork available for the Phoenix Trimline, is it available?

It probably wouldn't take much to convert this image.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 10:44:39 AM by Kaizen »

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 10:00:05 AM »
Thx for the link, sadly different colors and the price is a bit high in my opinion.

Well, that overlay on my cab has been remade from a picture and I measured all distances. I will go with it for now, but will definitely redo it in the future ( = later project, I already have too many projects running  ;) ).

KidCeltic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 07:16:28 AM »
I just found this post. The pictures aren't displaying from whatever photo site you were using. Do you have any Taito Space Invaders Trimline panels available? If so, can you repost pictures of it?

RCades28

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 02:14:10 AM »
I've posted about these on some other forums and thought some people on here might be interested.
I have ordered the production of 25 sets of reproduction panels as per the artwork below, the artwork was completed today and they should be ready in about 2 weeks.
They are anodised onto aluminium and not screen printed or vinyl stickers.
The end result is a much more scratch/wear resistant panel.
I will keep at least 5 sets for myself so there will be 20 sets available for the Aussie Arcade community.
The holes will be laser cut to match the originals.
I'll also be printing off the aluminium stickers to go over the Japanese writing for those who prefer to have their cab look like it did originally.

I started with this image that I had for a while that was done by a member on AA Forum. They were made to be printed onto clear adhesive vinyl and laid over the top of and original panel.

While the art looked good there were missing objects and the text was in English whereas the original panels here in Australia all had Japanese writing on them with English stickers laid over the top.

I got the control panels scanned so the artwork can be reproduced as close to original as possible.

PDF links below

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzy5XMBV05xGbU5VS3lxNGp5VUE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzy5XMBV05xGOXRISG1qX1BrOEU

I'm terrible at Illustrator so I had a generous person volunteer to trace the artwork for me.
Here is the latest revision and apart from just one tweak left to do the artwork is 100% spot on.

I printed the artwork onto transparency film and laid it over the top of my original panels to compare.

The positioning and art (spaceships) are all correct and all button and bolt holes are confirmed.

It’s been a few years, do you happen to have any sets left over?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 02:16:38 AM by RCades28 »