Author Topic: Castle Scene / Moat Scene in EURO DL-Arcade  (Read 4697 times)

hansie

• View Profile
Castle Scene / Moat Scene in EURO DL-Arcade
« on: April 30, 2009, 07:11:41 AM »
Hi guys,
We all know the castle scene / moat scene never existed in the US version of DL from 1983. We also all know that this particular scene did exist in some Euro version of the arcades.

Could someone shed some light on a question I have : what points do you get in the Euro arcade when the scene begins (49 points like US scenes?)

also, what points do you get for hitting "sword" (correct move) to avoid the tentacles?

We all know SWORD is the only valid move in that scene

any insight appreciated

PS : dont need DLE info. I have all that. I need info from someone who has the real Euro arcade and can test it for me.

Thanks 

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Castle Scene / Moat Scene in EURO DL-Arcade
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 10:13:44 AM »
Hi Hansie  :-*

We all know the castle scene / moat scene never existed in the US version of DL from 1983. We also all know that this particular scene did exist in some Euro version of the arcades.

Well, my Euro DL doesn't play that scene. Can't help on this  :-\

Could someone shed some light on a question I have : what points do you get in the Euro arcade when the scene begins (49 points like US scenes?)

Does this question is still regarding the castle scene / moat scene (because you mention 'like US scenes'? ...but you don't have it ???)

If not, here's a short video where you can see the game from the start... and no point is allowed after the first scene when Dirk enters the castle (US version gives 49 pts for this?), see  :arrow:

The game starts... video

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »
Well, my Euro DL doesn't play that scene. Can't help on this  :-\

Only the Italian/Sidam Euro ROMs play the drawbridge scene but in a random manner, so you will need to play several games to see it.

Matteo

MacDLSA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 12:05:39 AM »
Hi Hansie .

[ Sorry if I ask ... are you the one of the United Coders ?
If "Yes" then we already talked time ago , just about "your" Nintendo DS' Dragon's Lair ! ]

WELL ...
first of all : Euro/Atari rev.D1 or D.2 romsets for PAL version of Dragon's Lair don't allow to play the drawbridge&hallway scene.
The only romset ( except of the Enhanced versions of U.S. DL ) that can do it is the Sidam(by Atari) italian one.

Here is a clip taken from my Daphne/Dragon's Lair cab running a PAL/Euro DL with the Sidam romset ( medium skill level , 5 lives ) .
( btw: the emulation is still to be fixed , but gameplay is almost perfect ! )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuaY61953Mc
As you can see the drawbridge&hallway does NOT appear as the 1st scene , 'cause it's , like ALL the others , played in a RANDOM way !

Note: Sidam is the only DL that always makes me angry ! That's due to its "particular" move-timing after the 5th-6th completed scene ... I was able to complete it only few times in the 80's and 2 times ( !!! ) since I have that cab ! Moreover playing with the Sidam you could reach the lair with only 10-15 rooms successfully completed , so we all can say it's the worst ( but the hardest , too , if we don't consider the "VERY RARE" Atari rev.D2 , that is a "combination" with the Sidam difficulty and the Atari rev.D1 gameplay ) Dragon's Lair version !

... and the answers to your questions are :
A> In ALL Euro&Italian DL revs. player awards score ONLY when he does a correct move , so NO "49 pts." achieved at the beginning of a scene !
B> With the first drawbridge move (SWORD) player awards 750 pts.
with the second ( RIGHT ) 750 pts.
with the third ( LEFT ) 1000 pts.
and with the fourth and last move ( RIGHT ) 1000 pts.
for a total scene score of 3500 pts.

Of course if you need some more info ... I'm here !

Bye for now

Marco
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:51:07 AM by MacDLSA »
Marco"MacDLSA", Daphne Team
irc[dot]enterthegame[dot]com , channels #Daphne / #Lasergames