Author Topic: The rise and fall of the London Trocadero and Sega World- an entire history  (Read 3922 times)

Tedward

• View Profile
Hi all.

Around this time last I became... obsessed with the history of the London Trocadero. I'd known of it before, but suddenly I began to delve extremely deep into it's history, learning about it's attractions and of course, Sega World and Funland, the UK's mecca of arcades. I've sat on a lot of videos and information for quite a while, but over the course of a month  I have condensed most of it into one blog post- titled The Rise and Fall of the London Trocadero and Sega World. Here it is:

http://tedsegablog.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/the-rise-and-fall-of-london-trocadero.html

I do mention this in the article, but I couldn't really actually find a lot of stuff about the Troc before it's entertainment centre years, so I did rip most of the first part from Wikipedia. I wouldn't imagine any of you care about that though really.

Also I have posted a review of the new Daytona + a report on what arcade games are left in Whitby on the same blog if you'd like to check it out. (I know shameless self promotion...)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Awesome, loved reading that and watching the videos. I visited it back in the late 80's/early 90's....remember playing 360, Galaxian 3 and the Amiga drive virtual reality game (which was....let's face it.....too early for it's time ;) ).....

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
I don't think you included this nice material which was dug up from the Dutch TV archives by Gyruss for the Retro Game Experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO7brn0eJnc

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
That's great, thanks for posting.
I've already seen few of these videos, and carefully watched the ones I didn't.... and damn, in none of these I can see the Galaxian3 Theater6...  :'(

Tedward

• View Profile
Just been trawling through the old trocadero website on the internet archive and found this awesome image... With the Virtuality, Galaxy Force 2, AND R360!
(Still no GT-6 though  :-[ )

I have also revised the blog post a little. Take a look back, I have found some more pics, fixed some grammar errors + inaccuracies and of course another video thanks to Level42.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 12:03:23 AM by Tedward »