Author Topic: Work In Progress - Show Us What You are Working On  (Read 54618 times)

retrocab

• View Profile
Re: Work In Progress - Show Us What You are Working On
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2017, 09:36:19 AM »
nice  ;D

Digimon

• Germany - Hamburg
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2017, 11:14:31 AM »
CCCC Setup:

I am in the CC tests (nearly 2 squaremeters :lol: )

a lot of components are collected ;D

Harness is fixed
AR2 stable and sense modded
PSU will get a new big blue soon
Displays are working
trackball and trackball light working
PCB is up and running

next:
custom CP
custom CP overlay and marquee
EPROM change on PCB
Searching Zaccaria Stuff: Zaxxon CPO, JumpBug CPO or CPO Repro
next project: assemble Zaccaria Vanguard.

rogerxy

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2017, 05:21:29 PM »
Pinge and me did some work in the storehouse this weekend.

Some stuff that's going away to a happy buyer

Pinge did some cleanup & reorganizing since the storehouse looked like a mess. In the meantime I did some work with the monitors to my Pacman & Donkey Kong Jr (from Barry)

I had cleaned the monitors with a garden hose & recapped the chassis. Success, both worked fine!

Some nice burns in Pacman

Everything recapped & cleaned in Donkey Kong Jr. It looks great! Only need to make a black monitor bezel & this baby is finished

Suddenly I heard a "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!" followed by a big bang. This is what I saw:

When moving the Exidy Circus cab, the back board (that Pinge was holding) came loose and the whole cab fell forward with a bang. Pinge was not happy.

Luckily the result of this faux pas was "only" some wood damage. The monitor was ok & the front glass (with the special "bulged" letters) survived without a scratch.

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2017, 05:37:46 PM »
A fucking shame on a cabinet in beautiful condition... I will burn in hell for it...

I have worked on bits and pieces but have been bad on the documenation... I have to do it better from now on...
On friday we will go on a roadtrip so expect a thread about that in the near future..
- Always looking for Playchoice & Mega-Tech -

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2017, 07:42:34 PM »
YEEAH, roadtrip to the warehouse, remember, MC  ;D

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2017, 09:17:28 PM »
Im sorry Andreas but it is not the warehouse this trip, but I have not forgotten about it thats for sure.

Hopefully we have an opportunity to go there in December but it all depends on other commitments, we are going that direction then but the timeframe is uncertain.

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2017, 08:11:25 AM »
Np pinge, I just thought this IS the warehouse run again  :oops: :)
And im not in a hurry, have too many other things to do ( and this weekend is budapest arcade time  ;D ).

And btw beside my work at the house, I could not resist grabbing this little gem:

The goal was to get that simpson euro version ( crt not working but playing blind ). Its from an collector here in austria. He told me that he already sold 20 cabs, but still have 60 remaining ones. Sadly, they were not at the pickup place and he does not remember the titles ( he had a few TAB universal cabs and photo touch too ).

When he offered me trog, I wasnt very interested, because the pcb is missing too. So I told him a price what I would be willing to pay and he said some numbers. But they were still too high for me and when I thought about trog ( me and him was a bit in a hurry ), he lowered the price and yeah, you see the result in the picture.

I already got an offer for the pcb from MikeMCbike, so lets put the missing parts together and see if it works.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:24:28 AM by Andreas_AUT »

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2017, 09:51:27 AM »
Preparing for the show ;)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2017, 10:07:36 PM »
Replaced the rubber rings on my Locomotion pinball, I thought it will be a  piece of cake, but it was a hell of a job to remove and put back all those plastics and other components. :o

rogerxy

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2017, 06:20:24 PM »
Nice! :)

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2017, 10:20:39 AM »
Very nice, I have never hard of that Pin.. any fun?

I have been working on bits and pieces on my projects, put some time and effort in on my spare DK Jr cabinet this week, I have plans for it and parts are on the way so It would be nice to have it as ready as possible...
Things were falling apart wood wise sp I had to disassemble the whole front and make it sturdier with a few brackets and some new holes.

I have also removed the monitor which I cant get my head around at the moment... maybe have to redo the capkit and do a potkit on the remoteboard and neckboard. Hopefully I get another chassis to try aswell.

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2017, 06:19:11 PM »
Is that your kitchen?  ;D

Today at about 12:30

Since Arcadiafest in hungary, I felt in love with Stern´s Berzerk. So it already was on my "must have" list and a few weeks later, I found one in germany in not so bad condition.
The seller had many cabs - sadly as you already know, im out of space. Ok one more was possible, but thats it, really, im serious  ;D

I wasnt the only one who was curious, my kitty Mimi was inspecting the cab too:

I was never a huge fan of space invaders ( even if it looks great with that fluorescent colors ), maybe because in my teenage, I saw later games like Galaga & the 80´s.
On an arcade event at Luigi and Kirk, I played the first time Asteroids in an cab and man I liked it. So in the 80´s, there were this naughty italian company called Sidam which made 1:1 copies of Atari games. Off course they called it Asterock and not Asteroids, smart italians  :D.

I really like the style of the Asterock cabinet and I also found a little backstory about sidam. The following link is already translated to german, but just switch to your prefered language at the top.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=de&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.retrocampus.com%2F2015%2F12%2F31%2Fsidam-videogiochi-a-torino%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Berzerk sadly has a modified control panel, that extra button. They made it because they put "Rastan Saga" into the cab and scratched the whole artwork off the cp. So my plans are to close that extra hole and put an repro artwork onto the cp. I read that some US-guys made the correct repro cp, but to be honest, im more afraid that someone scratches it off with his wristband from his watch.
The Marquee looks like overpainted and on a tiny spot, you can see some graphics shine through.

Btw I have too many projects  ;D

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2017, 07:15:06 PM »
Nice catch, seems like you have the arcade virus. ;D

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2017, 06:02:57 PM »
Nice! Berzerk is a cool game!!

Why would it be my kitchen? It is my "workshop"! My wife would no longer be my wife it was like that in the kitchen ;P

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2018, 01:52:57 PM »
Picked something up yesterday, work in progress to see how it works 😄