Author Topic: [Roadtrip] Under a Tuscan Sun - Roadtrip of the Fittest  (Read 37001 times)

vib_ribbon

• View Profile
Re: Under a Tuscan Sun - Roadtrip of the Fittest
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 11:58:03 AM »
great photos indeed!! thanks for sharing. is that street fighter 1 the one with the punch pads??   ;D

ps- i love the amazing race also.  :oops:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 12:03:07 PM »
great photos indeed!! thanks for sharing. is that street fighter 1 the one with the punch pads??   ;D

ps- i love the amazing race also.  :oops:

yepp, that's sf1 with the punch pads - what a huge machine that is in reality.

OFF-TOPIC MODE ON
and AR is still the best (reality) tv show EVER - even after all those years! somehow i can't believe they've already done 14 seasons.
OFF-TOPIC MODE OFF
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 01:52:12 PM »
today it was time to unload "the beast". because there might be a move (new workplace?) coming up this summer, i'm NOT transporting all my cabs up 6 flights of stairs (gave up counting them ;)) to where i'm living right now. some of them go into storage in a friend's barn, others go into the basement of my mother's house. JOUST 2 will find a nice cosy hiding place at the latter

after unloading the cab from my car, it is time for the usual "poser picture". the photographer's command was: "show me that you're proud!". is that proud enough?  :arrow:

luckily, it's only a couple of stairs down into the "storage room". "bring it on, i'll be waiting for the cab downstairs"  ;D

some more budging, pushing and pulling required - why are those cabinets to DAMN heavy?

once again, the proud owner next to his latest acquisition - along with my beloved Gran Trak 10 (€12,50 on ebay.de)!

as for the continuation of this story: i will finish my pleiads cab first and then we'll see ... some minor repairs on the missile command, transformation of road blasters into marble madness, if everything goes according to plan i'm getting an old taito cab for my bubble bobble project this week and and and ... THE WORK FUN NEVER ENDS!!!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:02:31 PM by Superully »
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

5o0mileS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 02:46:02 PM »
hey ully nice to see that everything is worked fine
when i saw your camera i expected to see nice pics but the one u posted are more better than what i expected
really professional, c'mon people sell other cabs to ully so he can do other roadtrips and let us see such beautiful landscapes :-*

as we said, i keep an eye :wink: on the forum to see how the new dad is good and caring for this unlucky joust2 that run off a such undeserved location :pac:

good work :spaceace: :D

Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 03:31:42 PM »
is that proud enough? 

Dunno about proud but definitely Mick Jagger!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 06:27:43 PM »
When Arcade & Tourism unite...

Thanks for this *awesome* Journey  :-* :-* :-*

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Mr_Konami

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 10:06:01 PM »
Wow that is some great photos, beautiful settings and beautiful games  :o

I wish there still was these amount of classic games left in Sweden but most seem gone since long.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 10:51:56 PM »

@bruno: wow, this headline looks TERRIFIC. your collages are masterworks in themselves!

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 11:50:39 PM »
Great Job rully!

You shown everybody where passion can bring!

Mav

Ps= for the ones interested in an original Usa space invaders as the one seeing in the photos, I've got one identical (Usa midway version) to sell

Check the trade area here

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=726.msg6158#msg6158
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 12:14:56 AM by Maverick »

logan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 12:21:02 PM »
Great roadtrip! Thanks a lof for sharing those awesome pictures!

(btw, is that DK Cab for sale??  ;D ;D )

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 01:22:04 PM »
hey ully nice to see that everything is worked fine
when i saw your camera i expected to see nice pics but the one u posted are more better than what i expected
really professional, c'mon people sell other cabs to ully so he can do other roadtrips and let us see such beautiful landscapes :-*

as we said, i keep an eye :wink: on the forum to see how the new dad is good and caring for this unlucky joust2 that run off a such undeserved location :pac:

good work :spaceace: :D
I have to ask: is that Nintendo Sheriff there on permanent location outside of the house? It looks very nice at that spot but I hope it's not permanent because the sun and weather is going to hurt that beauty pretty bad.....what a lovely cab. And a great collection you got ! Is that the Sheriff that I mentioned for sale on e-bay Austria ?

Glad a collector got it in the end....I was seriously considering bidding on it, but it would be an insane journey to get it (somewhat like Ully's ;)).

5o0mileS

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 12:12:22 PM »

no, the only game i wanted to give away was that joust 2
in fact the other games are now allocated in a dedicated game-room-to-be, which i hope to clean and fix soon as i can in my free time

I have to ask: is that Nintendo Sheriff there on permanent location outside of the house? It looks very nice at that spot but I hope it's not permanent because the sun and weather is going to hurt that beauty pretty bad.....what a lovely cab. And a great collection you got ! Is that the Sheriff that I mentioned for sale on e-bay Austria ?

Glad a collector got it in the end....I was seriously considering bidding on it, but it would be an insane journey to get it (somewhat like Ully's ;)).

yes was that cab, but i didnt take a roadtrip to get it.. just i paid a service to deliver to my home. the spot is not permanent, it's gonna be allocated in the room with the other cabs.

ERKATENA75

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 09:42:04 PM »
HEY MAN YOU ARE GREAT!!!!

FORZA ITALIA!!!

GIGI.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 10:36:35 PM »

no, the only game i wanted to give away was that joust 2
in fact the other games are now allocated in a dedicated game-room-to-be, which i hope to clean and fix soon as i can in my free time

yes was that cab, but i didnt take a roadtrip to get it.. just i paid a service to deliver to my home. the spot is not permanent, it's gonna be allocated in the room with the other cabs.
Congrats on that Sheriff, from the picture I can see it's in amazing condition for it's age ! Is the mirror set-up still in there ? Does it have a backdrop like the Space Invaders moon ? I'd love to see a pic of that !