Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
December 03, 2021, 04:58:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom CPs and stuff..  (Read 5093 times)
Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2009, 08:57:24 PM »

When i made my BB custom CP, it was a nightmare to drill the holes... (still missing the coindoor and speaker grill... i know  oppps )

today at work i had to pick up some stuff and stumbled over this:

Cant wait to get the custom RI CP made!!

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 09:09:11 PM »

i really like your BB cab and i'm curious how the RI CPO and marquee are going to look like - not to mention the bezels. are those metal drills you found today? what is the exact term for those - simply metal drills?

how did you get the BB / RI up and running? i know you have the original boards, but do you also have all the other original components like wiring harnesses and power supplies?

man, although i can't complain about not having enough time, i simply don't have enough time Wink make sense?

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »

the BB runs the original PCB with a BB to Jamma converter.... sooo simple  Cheesy

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 09:38:49 PM »

the BB runs the original PCB with a BB to Jamma converter.... sooo simple  Cheesy

the same goes for RI?

i'm absolutely not into that jamma stuff, so when the time comes to put my cab together i'll ask you in more detail.  Cool

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 11:28:48 PM »

Jamma is not stuff.

It's just a standard.

This pin is this function. On all Jamma boards.

The good thing is you can get fully wired Jamma harnesses. So buy one of those, and buy (or make) a Jamma adapter (which is  often not more than some crossing of tracks between connectors) and presto !

Muerto, I hate you. Your SI actually works. I haven't even OPENED mine yet !!  shock shock

Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 05:42:27 AM »

The RI is standard JAMMA, and for that game i only need to wire 4 wires for the control (LEFT-RIGHT-JUMP-SHOOT)
and one for the CREDITS and the last for P1START, and daisy chain the buttons to GND and youre home free! Space Ace

Hehe, i actually found the SI working, the cab is beat up (very!) so at one point it really needs a workover, or a new cab.. it has a lot of water damage... Undecided

-EDIT-
Maby you guys can give me some inputs.....
The BB and RI needs coin doors badly.... which ones will go there.... (Williams)
(tha cabs is build from a Moon Patrol blueprint)

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 05:46:43 AM by Muerto » Logged

Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 08:06:47 AM »

About making holes: I think the best way to go is a punch.

This will make exact positioning of the hole easier. Not that I have any experience with making those holes though....just what I've read. And they are quite expansive if you only have to do an occasional hole.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: