Author Topic: A rare opportunity  (Read 7148 times)

brian

• View Profile
A rare opportunity
« on: December 05, 2005, 05:08:09 AM »
It seems Finny is parting with some amazing animation pieces on ebay.

There are 3 backgrounds for sale. They are amazing pieces. Two huge BGs from DL2 and a BG of the castle from DL1 (but is from DL3D).

This is a once in a lifetime chance to own a piece of history.

Backgrounds are very rare. Besides these, I have only ever seen 2 other BGs from the DL series.  I own one (got a real good deal on it) and I couldn't afford the other. In comparison to the ones I have seen, these blow the other ones away. Two of the ones for sale are pan scan BGs one is 5 feet long and the other is 6 feet long!

If you can afford one/all, I really suggest you buy it because you will never see anything that will compare to it.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
A rare opportunity
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 08:59:40 PM »
Yes, and for archive, here's the stuff  :o  :

Dragon's Lair 3D "Original Back Ground Castle Pan"
Signed By Don Bluth and Gary Goldman Dragons lair

This is the Orginal Castle Pan painted Background used in Dragons Lair 3D, it was used in the Opening Attract sequence. it was also used in promotional adverts etc to promote the game.

The Original Dragon's lair Arcade Castle Pan sold for $5,000.00, Don Bluth had this Painted by his BG Artist Identical to the Original Arcade version especially for Dragon's Lair 3D, I purchased this peice from their studio in Phoenix Arizona over a year ago, I watched as Don & Gary signed it, It is 2ft wide, I have no room what so ever to Display this beautiful piece of Art, so hope for someone to Display it instead of keeping it locked up as I have done.

Dragon's Lair II Original 6ft wide BG Ending sequence
Signed by Don Bluth & Gary Goldman Dragons Lair II

An Orginal 6ft painted Pan Background used in "Dragons Lair II" (Time Warp), This Pan has a Cel set up as you can see by the Pictures.

This Pan is from the ending of Dragon's Lair 2 where Dirk, Daphne and the kids are on the Time Machine, in the game is says "Congratulations you are a winner", This text is not available because it was an effect! what you see in the pic's is the "full" set-up, so that's what you get.

I wanted the biggest Pans that were available from DLII, Ciara from Don Bluth's dug this out for me, the colors are awesome, something pictures cannot capture,I purchased this piece when I was invited to their studio in Phoenix Arizona over a year ago, I watched as Don & Gary signed it, It is 6ft wide, I have no room what so ever to Display this beautiful piece of Art, so hope for someone to Display it instead of keeping it locked up as I have done. A normal sized background usually sells for $1000, so you can imagine how much this baby was, being 5 times bigger

Dragon's Lair II "Original 5ft wide Background inc Cel
Signed by Don Bluth & Gary Goldman Dragons Lair II

An Orginal 5ft painted Pan Background used in "Dragons Lair II" (Time Warp), This Pan has 2x2 Cel set up's as you can see by the Pictures.

I wanted the biggest Pans that were available from DLII, Ciara from bluth's dug this out for me, the colors are awesome, something pictures cannot capture,I purchased this piece when I was invited to their studio in Phoenix Arizona over a year ago, I watched as Don & Gary signed it, It is almost  5ft wide, I have no room what so ever to Display this beautiful piece of Art, so hope for someone to Display it instead of keeping it locked up as I have done. A normal sized background usually sells for $1000, so you can imagine how much this baby was, being 4 times bigger.

This is a must for all Dragon's Lair Fans, and will only appreciate as time goes on.