Author Topic: Dragons Lair 2 backrounds  (Read 6608 times)

Dirks Magic Sword

Dragons Lair 2 backrounds
« on: April 10, 2009, 09:47:15 PM »
Hello again  :)

I want to know where I can get laser copies of Dragons Lair 1 and 2 backrounds accurate to the particular scene(s)?

I see alot of laser copies in ebay auctions to go along with the cels that are sold.

Plus--where would you suggest going to get a cel framed?

Thanks!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Dragons Lair 2 backrounds
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 08:23:07 AM »
Welcome back Dirks Magic Sword  :)

I'm also looking for some DL/SA backgrounds, because I simply have some characters cells ... without any background  :'(

Maybe someone at Don Bluth may help us on this?

It would be great to have a 'background' database too, for example by scanning the ones some of us already have ::)

What specific 'background' are you looking for by the way?

Dirks Magic Sword

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 07:46:57 AM »
Im looking for any DL/DL2 and Space Ace backrounds Nuno.

BTW--Are you a SW fan Nuno? I see Darth in your name and I am curious if you collect SW...

I am a HUGE vintage Star Wars MOC/loose collector(I have 74 MOC vintage and close to all 96 loose).

Hit me up on a PM or email if you would like to talk Vintage Star Wars or Dragons Lair....Looks like I am slowly becoming a 2 tiered collector :)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 08:22:31 PM »
BTW--Are you a SW fan Nuno? I see Darth in your name and I am curious if you collect SW...

Yes, I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but thanks for my wallet ... I'm not a Star Wars collector  :D (but I have few items like ... Star Wars Arcade games of course, Vader's light saber, ...)

I don't have a lot of cells unfortunately ... and some of them are without background too :-(

Maybe Jason or Dexter would be able to help on this? They have an impressive collection of cells  :-*

Dirks Magic Sword

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 04:39:13 AM »
Thanks Nuno!

I emailed Finny and we have spken already :)

I have PMed Dexter and just waiting on a message back.I will email him with  requests :)

Keep me updated Nuno if you ever get any word on master backround laser copies.

As always I love this site and all who contribute :)

K.

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 06:50:14 AM »
Thanks Nuno!

I emailed Finny and we have spken already :)

I have PMed Dexter and just waiting on a message back.I will email him with  requests :)

Keep me updated Nuno if you ever get any word on master backround laser copies.

As always I love this site and all who contribute :)

K.

I'm yet to get my Cels out of storage. When I do, I'll post up what I have. I do know I have backgrounds too (more Space Ace then Dragon's Lair) they cost me a packet too  ;D

thegraphixloft

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 05:31:40 PM »
Hi, This is my first post. If you are looking to establish a database you can add me to the list. I still have a number of Dragons Lair and Space Ace backgrounds that have not been framed as of yet.
My business scanner is not large enough for the 12 and 16 field backgrounds though and I would suspect that few people have larger capacity scanners. Maybe some type of general rules/specs. could be asked of contributing members to ensure consistent quality of prints (laser printer, paper, DPI, size, etc.). Also some locations to have the items scanned or emailed to would be helpful as well. The prints could be bartered or sold at a reasonable cost so that everyone could benefit? -Doug

Dirks Magic Sword

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 06:36:47 PM »
Great idea Doug and welcome aboard the USS Dragon's Lair  ;)

DOes anyone else here have any ideas to add to thegraphixlofts plan?

PM coming thegraphixloft!