Author Topic: Pinges Basement, Workshop and random junk  (Read 17967 times)

Pinge

• View Profile
Re: Pinges Basement, Workshop and random junk
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2017, 05:42:29 PM »
Ok, so the basement were in a total mess after moving cabinet around and had some on Retrospelmässan in Gothenburg... so last weekend Kralleman and Roger helped me out and moved things around... sp now it is better and I can overview what i have to do and what I can bring home from the warehouse...
No major projects in the basement... just putting things back like monitors, bezels, controlpanels and such.... i will star doing that tonight and then I will work on them one at the time... a few are ready, some need cap kits and minor parts... but It is on the way to be a hangout... I actually played some games there a  few nights ago, on my own in the darkness... I had a blast..  ;D

If I put in some hours during the next week I will give you a video update.
- Always looking for Playchoice & Mega-Tech -

Arch

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2017, 09:20:55 AM »
Looking very good, Pinge! Some really nice titles, and the room is coming together as well!  :)
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
Currently looking for an original Wonderboy PCB.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2017, 09:33:47 AM »
a nice cosy place you have there! add some wall color and flooring and you have a fantastic hideout there!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2017, 11:01:43 AM »
Thanks. As soon as the games are running I start with decoration, might have to rebuild a shelf to store pcbs and monitors to

Badlands now has a marquee and is up and running, tonight I start with putting things together on. PC-10 or Punchout

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2017, 12:54:25 AM »
A small update on mycket basement project
https://youtu.be/B2My0uDVraA

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2017, 10:54:46 PM »
coming together nicely. have you tried forming an aisle of cabs in the middle so that you can walk around all of them?

oh, and one more thing: would you mind turning the phone 90° to the left or right the next time? vertical videos are a no-go ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2017, 02:04:13 AM »
Haha,  ok... Next time
The room is to narrow to be able to walk around the games without The sacrifice in number of games

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2017, 09:40:17 AM »
Nice gameroom Pinge!

For my small new gameroom, I took a room scematic, calculated 70x70 for each cab and then tried how to get  the maximum of games into it. I have only about 60cm walkway between 2 cab rows, but it should be fine for 1 person ( since I store pcb´s, arcade items on the roof in the future )

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2017, 11:08:22 AM »
For my small new gameroom, I took a room scematic, calculated 70x70 for each cab and then tried how to get  the maximum of games into it. I have only about 60cm walkway between 2 cab rows, but it should be fine for 1 person ( since I store pcb´s, arcade items on the roof in the future )

that's about what i did, but i took the exact dimensions of the cabs (width x depth) and resized them to have the same ratio as the floor plan. my walkways are roughly 70 centimeters by the way. if i moved the cabs closer i could squeeze in a few more, but then it would be too narrow and just not look good. this is an arcade room after all, not a storage  ;)

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2017, 03:15:10 PM »
I have tried about everything, there is a problem with that the walls are not angled 90 degrees towards eachoter on more than one corner... no matter how I do It looks wierd...
But I will certainly try more next time my comprades are here.

70 cm between two rows of cabinets feels very tight? Do you mean between wall and control panel or between two games (control panel to control panel)?? 70 cm CP to CP is way to little to be able to play both games att the same time, especially if I invite really fat people  ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2017, 05:41:34 PM »
I have tried about everything, there is a problem with that the walls are not angled 90 degrees towards eachoter on more than one corner... no matter how I do It looks wierd...
But I will certainly try more next time my comprades are here.

do you have a (rough) sketch of the room (top-down view) with dimensions? perhaps someone else has a great idea ...

70 cm between two rows of cabinets feels very tight? Do you mean between wall and control panel or between two games (control panel to control panel)?? 70 cm CP to CP is way to little to be able to play both games att the same time, especially if I invite really fat people  ;D

agreed! between two games simply is not enough. for me it's 70 cm between the games and the wall! and i do have a large group of games in the middle.