Author Topic: Eurocade 2017  (Read 37071 times)

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
Re: Eurocade 2017
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 06:01:58 PM »
Never been to one but would very much like to  :)

2016 was the first time for me and I dont regret it, especially because you meet so many nice guys personally!

Even if its a long journey for me, I hope im allowed to visit 2017 again  ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 12:13:49 AM »
Would ❤ to have another eurocade in ridderkerk
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 08:06:37 AM »
Lets make it happen !

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 01:15:33 PM »
Ok ... Let's get the party startet! It's still not clear where to travel to this year in september. Let's sort this out for the first part. When I read between the lines it's Oldenburg or Ridderkerk???

Oldenburg is 90% ready to rock this again. There are certain things we haven't planned yet and (the reason why we would love to skip this year as the host and kick in in 2018 with full force) the big hall will undergo severe changes in the near future. BUT if no one else picks up the relay in 2017, we would check our opportunities.

Please share your thoughts ... have love, will travel.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 02:03:07 PM »
I'm sorry to say, but Ridderkerk will most likely not be the location where Eurocade 2017 will be held. We all know that André was the driving force behind Eurocade and he has sold all his games and he is on a very low level regarding his enthousiasm for the hobby (and which we feel very, very sorry about  :'( ). This means that there will be no André in the team and for sure no games from him. And his games always formed a major part of the collection present.

Robin is also focussing on other interesting activities at the moment, as is Pieter. And Etiènne sold his game, Crazy Kong, to me. And for me, I still have most of my games (about 15 or so), but at the moment I'm also focussing on other real-life stuff. Besides, I already stepped out the Eurocade team after the last Ridderkerk edition (5 times was the high point for me to stop :) ).

This is how it is, IMO. So, if there are people, at Oldenburg or other places, who are willing and able to organize Eurocade 2017, please feel free to do so.  :spaceace:

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 03:12:50 PM »
I hope it will happen somewhere and my body is ready to go down south and have a laugh. Anywhere in europe is fine by me  :lol:
- Always looking for Playchoice & Mega-Tech -

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 03:23:32 PM »
Ok. Let's hope the original Eurocade Crew will attend anyway (including Andre for gods sake ;)). I will discuss this with our Crew and we will let you know as soon as possible if this is an option for us this year. We are all fully motivated but as I mentioned there are things happening in the building that could make a big party in September very difficult.

If any other local arcade gang is interested, go check your chances and maybe post here!!

We also could do a group travel to Prag or any other big arcade in Europe ... just in case no one will do it this year. Eurocade Road Riot. Could be fun also!!

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2017, 04:26:21 PM »
We also could do a group travel to Prag or any other big arcade in Europe ... just in case no one will do it this year. Eurocade Road Riot. Could be fun also!!

Sounds like a good option if there is  no location to do the €cade.

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 04:31:29 PM »
Listening to you guys last Saturday I was already assuming there will not be Eurocade in Ridderkerk this year. Besides the fact that Eurocade for me is now more meeting friends than playing videogames, I understand that making it happen is a huge effort. Plus André had the idea with the musciband clubhouse, which is an awesome location!

The former idea of Eurocade was that it will happen in different locations.

So why not go to other sites, where a nice collection of games is already available? I already have something in mind but have to talk to the guys first if they could imagine to do it (and no, it's no ours, we don't have the space to hold a Eurocade crowd). Nobody would have to bring cabs, though a few could be arranged if they prefer.

I would also love to go to Oldenburg , of course :)

edit: my wife would be very upset if I would go to Prag without her or take her with me and leave her alone to meet some....freaks :D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 08:41:27 PM »
Hey guys.....

Well.....I was actually still in doubt about this.

I would still be able to arrange the clubhouse for sure. I also wouldn't mind helping along but....the future is not so clear in certain regards and of course, there is the "small" issue of me having no cabs anymore. It was about 10 machines at least from me there every time, and with a total of about 40-45 cabs that is still a big percentage. Organizing a Eurocade with a number of "base" machines is pretty much impossible.

The funny thing is that Eurocade actually always was intended to be traveling around Europe. That it worked out a bit differently the first 5 years was no problem and a lot of fun...but with hindsight maybe also a "burning out" track....

So, please Thorsten and or Jörg, see what you can do. I'm all for it !!! :) If you need help/advize you know where to find me. The games will be gone, but I will be here :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:12:27 PM by Level42 »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 09:43:14 PM »
The games will be gone, but I will be here

Good to hear! :)

I talked to Dirk this evening and he thinks my idea is a good one, the location is superb (IMHO). Like I said, I have to talk to the guys first. No clue if they are willing to do it.

Bomjac

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 05:38:35 PM »
Sooo, What is the verdict folks.

I am sitting in the desert trying to make plans for my vacation in September.  NERG is no longer an option for me, but I do plan on flying back Europe bound on 14th September for 4 weeks.  Plans are still very much undecided at present, but I do have 4 whole weeks to play with starting Sept 14th.

Plan is Play Glasgow June, maybe Reykjavik via New York on 14th September - but I do have and Iraqi visa in my passport which means a whole world of pain trying to get in to the USA.  Well done "The Donald" for making the new rules!

valentin27

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2017, 08:37:21 AM »
but I do have and Iraqi visa in my passport which means a whole world of pain trying to get in to the USA.  Well done "The Donald" for making the new rules!

This was before Trump. I went there last year and apply for visa because I went to Iran. It is expensive but I got it without trouble.

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2017, 09:38:33 AM »
Just got a reply from the guy I was thinking he (together with his mates) could host the Eurocade 2017. Though everything would be there (cabs, restaurant, hotel with reasonable prices within 5-10 minutes walking - depends on the amount of alcohol in your blood ;) ), he has to consider other stuff like his two kids (1 year old and newborn) and how to deal with a private event in his business rooms). So it's too much for this year but we will keep it in mind.

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2017, 10:58:50 AM »
Hmmmm. So the options beginn to melt a little. Let's start to think about just visiting a cool arcade in Europe. Eurocade 2017 as a pilgrimage!

I know a few places that would be perfect for that. Retrogames e.V. in Karlsruhe, For Amusement Only in Seligenstadt or Arcade Hry near Praque. What do you guys think?