Author Topic: Roadtrip 6/1-2017 Atari Dominos Pickup for Kralleman  (Read 19757 times)

Pinge

• View Profile
Roadtrip 6/1-2017 Atari Dominos Pickup for Kralleman
« on: January 07, 2017, 11:40:45 AM »
Ok, I´ve noticed that there been som disappoitment that there are to low activity on this forum lately, so to contribute we documented our roadtrip yesterday.
Nothing extra, just some pictures from the Swedish Winter.

Kralleman came to my hometown the day before so we could start early, I overslept and we were not in the car 06:00 as planned but 06:20 is good enough.
The temperature was -12c and along the way it dropped and peaked at -21c... inside the car it was +22  ;D
And ofcourse I drive a "swedish" Volvo V50, built in the factory in Belgium  :lol:

The destination was Stockholm, only four hours away... I took the wheel cause I only had some wine the night before, kralleman on the other hand drank both tequila and beer

You cant drive through Sweden without passing atleast one IKEA, this is one of three we passed on our journey

Välkommen Till Stockholm, Thank you

At the sellers house, freezing cold so Kralleman decide to put his scarf on. 2112 is one of his favorite bars in Gothenburgh if someone wonders.

AND HERE IT IS, the game we came for, only game the seller ever had apart from an old 70´s Pinball. Alot of random junk in his garage, but nothing of interest.

It had Swedish instructions, thank god, impossible for us to figure out how to play otherwise

Serial-sticker intact,  always nice.

Ok, its not working, and not minty. Another cabinet with a Motorola monitor, always good to get something you have worked on before Kralleman says.

Lets load it up, here is the nice seller in the background, he invited us for coffee when the deal was done.

Its a small car but i easily hold a Dominos, for the record a V50 also can transport Donkey Kong-style cabinets and midway Pacman..

OK, back on the Road, this time Kralleman is the driver since he sobered up from last night.  :-*
One of atleast six broken-down cars we saw along the way, notice the old civilian police-car. They dont even make SAAB anymore...

Swedish Defence, almost ready for an invasion

We stopped at the Swedish town of Arboga for a lunch, DLF member vr6an lives here, we should have called him but didnt... (Sorry Roger om du läser detta)

Unloaded at the warehouse where we keep some of our games

One last inspection before a quick test, as expected it did not work, voltages and B+ are fine and the monitor lights up with a grey screen, Kralleman took the PCB with him home to gothenburg to check it and hopefully fix it on his testbench.

We placed it Next to one of my projects....

So that is about it, hope you enjoyed it... please comment if you have suggestions how you like the roadtrips in the future documented, we have atleast four more pickups to do in the not to distant future.
If I find the time and you find it interesting a could post some of last years roadtrips!

And I wont excuse the bad english, I guess it´s better than most of your Swedish  :wink:
- Always looking for Playchoice & Mega-Tech -

kralleman

• View Profile
Re: Roadtrip 6/1-2017 Atari Dominos Pickup for Kralleman
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 11:59:38 AM »
Thanks for the company! Always a pleasure. Great job on the write-up too.

Tested the board yesterday. It syncs and shows garbage symbols on the screen. Was too tired to do anything more with it.

old school

• Read more = post less
    • View Profile
    • Le JR'S
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 12:03:50 PM »
Way to go guys

It's always nice to read Road Trip   ;)

and by the way your english is far better than my swedish too   ;D ;D
"Winners Don't Use Drug " but to loop Ghost & Goblins it help !!

retrocab

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 12:06:35 PM »
yeah looks good with the pictures

looking forward to trhe next one

gr from the netherlands

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 02:52:38 PM »
Nice and rare cab, looks like 100% original inside also. :)
Pretty huge warehouse you have there :D
Volvo rocks! ;D

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »
Really nice one guys, both the road trip (incl. documentation) and the cab :) I really love Dominos and I'm sorry I had to let it go  :'(

Good luck with the repair! :)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 04:07:33 PM »
thx for the roadtrip report, it was nice reading something new. some nice pics as well, love the snow-covered tank ;). oh, and by the way, what type of indiana jones-que warehouse is that? be careful that COW doesn't steal it from underneath your nose, rumor has it they are buying EVERYTHING these days ...  :P
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 05:03:32 PM »
The games is the warehouse are not for sale, so COW can go look somewhere else  8)

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 05:06:53 PM »
Thanks for the nice roadtrip report, looks mighty cold out there... Keep us posted on the repair.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 06:07:58 PM »
The games is the warehouse are not for sale, so COW can go look somewhere else  8)

COW is not interested in the games, they are interested in the WAREHOUSE itself  ;D
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 06:49:21 PM »
 :lol:
That is not for sale either, it actually belongs to my work.

I hope kralleman keep you updated on the repair, which reminds me that I should get going with some of my projects... they are closer to 20 than 10 after all purchases last year  :-\

smarty

• Hampshire, UK.
    • View Profile
    • Jumpnfire.com
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 07:39:17 PM »
Nicely done! I have one of these cabs on my radar this year, It has no game board or monitor chassis but will scrub up well and look great next to my Jet Fighter.

Can I ask you to take a few good in focus photos of the control panel? Yours appears to have all the overlay text on it around the buttons, there are very photos online showing the detail of the CP.

Well done for saving this one, I hope the PCB fix isn't to difficult.
www.jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 09:19:56 AM »
Many thanks for this road trip report! It has all needed :fun, local stuff (Ikea  ;D), food, a season one (love these winter pictures), and a nice reward : a rare  Atari Dominos! Good job on this  8)

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 09:32:45 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, It makes me want to post more, sadly previous roadtrips are not that well documented, but its pictures of us and the games anyways. :)

I will go to the warehouse and take better photos of the CPO (and rest of the cabinet)

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 09:33:40 AM »
Thank you for this nice roadtrip report! I really enjoyed it.  :)