Author Topic: Euro Joust needs Marquee fixed up....  (Read 64473 times)

Dazza

• View Profile
Re: Euro Joust needs Marquee fixed up....
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 10:08:08 AM »
Looks pretty damn good.

What process do you use from scan to vector? You can't be hand tracing that in the time you turn them around.....

Dex?!? I'm in the process of doing the Rolling Thunder CPO so it may help if you could let me know whether you hand trace or use some other magic.

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 10:20:48 AM »
Looks pretty damn good.

What process do you use from scan to vector? You can't be hand tracing that in the time you turn them around.....

Dex?!? I'm in the process of doing the Rolling Thunder CPO so it may help if you could let me know whether you hand trace or use some other magic.

Sorry dude, I hand trace everything. If you need a hand with the CPO let me know (Gotta love a 30 inch screen and a WACOM tablet) Oh, and not sleeping much helps  ;D Nothing like playing Space Ace at 4am some days

Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 10:41:39 AM »
Ahhh you use a tablet, that must speed the process up immensely. I don't have such luxury :)

Do you bother emulating the half tone colouring or just substitute a flat colour?

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 11:33:07 AM »
Ahhh you use a tablet, that must speed the process up immensely. I don't have such luxury :)

Do you bother emulating the half tone colouring or just substitute a flat colour?

D U D E .......! Half Tone

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35:51 AM »
Like it ? Are you kidding ?

It's way beyond what I would have hoped for !!!

That must be a very tedious job to do by hand, but I guess the only proper way......

I'm totally amazed....!  I am totally thankful !

Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 11:40:30 AM »
What technique do you use to Half Tone?

Do you build up a load of circles (blending a line of circles then creating lots of lines of those circles) and create a clipping mask over it? I used that technique and when I resize the vector the colours royally f*ck up!

Example of my Rolling Thunder marquee resized. See how his trousers and the enemies mask screw up:

When output at the original size it looks superb....

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 12:14:51 PM »
I know very little about all this stuff, but I assume that this one would be relatively easy to vectorize/recolor ?

This is the CP of my NSM-Namco Puckman cab that I scanned and very clumsy collated (which shows my talents at this work :D).

This Puckman I have seems to be the only known one in the world. All others I've seen are different. So, getting a replacement CPO is out of the question at this moment.

This art is directly silk screened on the CP but the only way to improve this is have a fixed up version printed on vinyl.

The original colors are luckely included in the scans: under the buttons there was still some protective foil that covered the CP inks for it's entire lifetime. Luckely all available colors are in there.

I am already extremely happy that Dex invested all this time into the Joust but I am ONLY wondering if this would also be so much work or could require less time because of the relative simple artwork ? Or maybe I can do this one myself ?

Thanks !!!

Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 12:37:29 PM »
Or maybe I can do this one myself ?

That would be really easy to vector. Get a copy of Adobe Illustrator and have a go. It's a lot easier than you would imagine, I did my Rolling Thunder marquee and loved the learning experience!

For the ghosts, you would only have to do one, copy and reflect. The Puckmen you would only have to do one and copy twice. All the coloured lines / curves would be simple.

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 01:08:16 PM »
Get me a better angle and I'll do it :-)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:25:49 AM by Dexter »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 03:38:25 PM »
I got the full Adobe suite on my Mac but.....can't refuse that offer Dex....  ;D

I can provide the scans I made, that would be the best source to work from I guess ?

They're not collated yet though....

Scans are a total of 35 MB I'll see if I can spread them over a number of e-mails.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 03:46:30 PM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 03:48:59 PM »
I'll have to send them from home, don't want to eat up too much of my works' UMTS connection monthly allowed traffic.

Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 04:28:49 PM »
You could try and upload them to http://www.localarcade.com/arcade_art/ in the unclean or Non-Vector section. However, I had problems uploading to this site.

Or you could use this excellent site, http://www.sendthisfile.com/, you upload to the site it emails a link to the recipient so they can download it. Works really well!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 05:12:22 PM »
Or you could use this excellent site, http://www.sendthisfile.com/, you upload to the site it emails a link to the recipient so they can download it. Works really well!

An other great site for that : www.rapidshare.de : easy, fast & free  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 09:29:38 PM »
Thanks Bruno, that was probably the easiest way. I just uploaded the files and mailed Dexter the URL's for download.

If anyone else is interested at the raw files (can't imagine ;) ), let me know.

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 11:44:56 PM »
Okay, I am downloading the files. But after the first one I get:

You have reached the download limit for free users. Want to download more?
Get your own RapidShare.de Premium account now! Instant download access! (Or wait 12 minutes)

:(

Anyway, I'll have them soon enough and I'll 'try' and put them together and see.

Steve