Author Topic: Nintendo EVR Race  (Read 5729 times)

nilfisk

• View Profile
Nintendo EVR Race
« on: November 16, 2016, 06:08:30 PM »
The same guy who has recently sold the Monkey Magic upright, is now offering a Nintendo EVR Race on Yahoo Japan. Seems he has quite a collection of rarities :)

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x465226628

For the historians:

EVR Race is a Nintendo developed and manufactured arcade video game released in 1975. Nintendo regards the game as the first title they ever released, omitting Laser Clay Shooting System whose inclusion could be argued. Genyo Takeda created the video game, which has led Shigeru Miyamoto to consider him Nintendo's first video game designer. EVR Race was extremely large and six players could participate. In the game, horses would race on the screen and the players were required to predict which horse would win. The game was extremely complicated, so after Nintendo released the game they had a hard time maintaining it and there were a lot of breakdowns. Due to their experience with EVR Race, Nintendo learned how difficult it was maintaining arcade games.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 06:11:30 PM by nilfisk »

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Re: Nintendo EVR Race
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 08:24:18 AM »
I would die to see the rest of this collection. :)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 12:58:57 PM »
only because it's rare doesn't mean it's good ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 01:02:20 PM »

computer space for example! ;)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

itruk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 02:48:03 PM »

:lol: :lol:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 07:13:00 PM »

Exactly! Computer space as a game definitively SUCKS,  but apart from the historic importance the cabinet itself is a piece of art which will stand the test of time no matter whether the game works at all or not.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:31:04 PM by Superully »
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 09:09:59 PM »
Very cool!  It unfortunately appears to be missing the parts that actually allow the players to interact with it  :-[