Author Topic: Sears Tele-Games Video Arcade...  (Read 21234 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Sears Tele-Games Video Arcade...
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 08:56:24 PM »
LOL. After the original Atari sticks gave up JUST after the 6 month (!!!!) warranty I bought a Spectravideo Quickshot. That piece of junk lasted even shorter than the original Atari sticks !!! So I went back to the shop complaining and the sales guy said. What you need is this......

Man was he right. Cost another small fortune for a school-kid like me BITD but I figured it would be worth it.

It was. Still my favorite weapon of choice.

And it doesn't need any stupid stuff like this:

(We bought a Xbox One in Germany last weekend....much better offer on a set there at Media Markt then here....took ages to install and update.....then it went to update the controles......i was going like .....WTF.......what on EARTH do you need to update on a freaking controller ? It sends the signals of the contacts and the joysticks to the unit....that either works or not......right ? Am I missing something here ??

blackie63

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2016, 09:45:17 PM »
that takes me back i was atari employee back in 80 -82 the 2600 was terrible for dry joints on the modulator and terrible design where the power socket was soldered to the board but it was a good time working for them i was 17 years old back then lots of good memories  :)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 01:16:12 PM »
can't answer your question but please get Battlefield 1, Mark will really love it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ&t=2s

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 03:26:53 PM »
It updates the software for the modules inside the controller
(bluetooth, USB, Headset option etc.)

This type of device is not comparable with a simple switchbased joystick  ;)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 12:24:21 PM »
Lol, yeah, the times where 'joysticks' just had a couple of switches inside are long gone  ::)

I once wrote a letter (the paper stuff with funny pictures, called stamps on it, you remember? ;) ) to Atari that I'd like to buy some spare parts for my broken controllers. The PCBs with the contacts and those white things that stuck inside the stick and pressed the contacts on the pcb. Long time no replay, but one day I had a package in the mail. A letter inside told me that those parts are not for sale but they hope these will do the job. The package held 10 (ten!) PCBs and 4 of these white thingies.....I was very surprised :)  8)

The first Competition Pro I had leaf switches and the holders were broken within a few days. The 2nd generation with the microswitches was far better :)

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2016, 04:15:35 PM »
Oh man, I remember the competition pro on C64, they were just awesome.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2016, 11:05:59 AM »
Lol, yeah, the times where 'joysticks' just had a couple of switches inside are long gone  ::)

I once wrote a letter (the paper stuff with funny pictures, called stamps on it, you remember? ;) ) to Atari that I'd like to buy some spare parts for my broken controllers. The PCBs with the contacts and those white things that stuck inside the stick and pressed the contacts on the pcb. Long time no replay, but one day I had a package in the mail. A letter inside told me that those parts are not for sale but they hope these will do the job. The package held 10 (ten!) PCBs and 4 of these white thingies.....I was very surprised :)  8)

The first Competition Pro I had leaf switches and the holders were broken within a few days. The 2nd generation with the microswitches was far better :)

Well,I believe Atari's service (at least here in the Benelux) was not too bad. I've received info about how to mod a Megafile to add a second hard disc to the unit from them and spare parts for my Lynx, all without costs.
Apart from that I was lucky enough to visit their headquarters one day when I was secretary of a local Atari users club. We got lots of schematics to support the users, all on red paper to prevent photocopying  (still have those).

But that was all later....

When I had the 2600 controllers break down we strangely never had the idea to contact Atari or something like that....I simply thought they would break again sooner or later.

It's so weird that the leaf version of the competition pro has such a bad reputation (I've seen German videos about themmsaying they are unreliable) and mine is still absolutely perfect. And I mean, I've played the shit out of that thing, doing Demon Attack marathons, and I won't mention the DK games on the A8 ;);)

I never liked microswirches anyway ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2016, 11:06:42 AM »
It updates the software for the modules inside the controller
(bluetooth, USB, Headset option etc.)

This type of device is not comparable with a simple switchbased joystick  ;)

yeah I understand but even so....;);)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2016, 11:11:06 AM »
can't answer your question but please get Battlefield 1, Mark will really love it!!

Guess what he had laying under the Christmas tree this year.......indeed he loves it !!!

Daddy is hooked on playing through the Masterchief collection !!!! I know sometimes Halo gets pretty boring but somehow I just want to keep going. I played Halo2 (and finished it) on the old Xbox which I found at the marching band's flea market and funnily this made me realize I liked the Xbox controller much more than the PS one. So in a way finding that original Xbox made me decide to get the Xbox One....

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 05:31:17 PM »

Really nice game play, love it 👍