Author Topic: Pi2Jamma : Raspberry Pi Jamma Interface with 15khz RGB  (Read 31721 times)

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
Re: Pi2Jamma : Raspberry Pi Jamma Interface with 15khz RGB
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2017, 12:02:29 PM »
Pre release for new regamebox distribution.  Back up your old version or use a new sd card to keep your current setup.

Report issue in short description, best with pics.

https://mega.nz/#!xJgjhQbS!dOKsH305JtwcvFHQ8bowjZDSDAvj5TB1ONTWWMcuGlw
ReGamebox for pi2jamma and pi2scart
Version 20170805

Please test

New feature graphical config for retroarch menu, amiga uae4arm and c64 vice
    New feature audio on and off improved as variables on usb stick
    New feature custom resolution on and off. This is the 1600 resolution stuff by Michael
    New feature autostart for advmame. use file autostart_advm in folder rpi2jamma on usb stick
    New feature volume control. Find it in Options – volume control
    New feature history. Every game played will be added to the history list. This is useful for building up a favourites list or just to keep track what was played. History list will be stored on USB Stick
    New feature delete history list
    New feature Toggle history list. History will be shown or not shown.
    New feature Favourites List. Put in your favourites in this list. The list is stored on the USB Stick. favourites.conf are stored on usb stick folder rpi2jamma. Recommended use is to gather your games and then copy and paste them from history.conf
    New feature Toggle favourites list. Favourites will be shown or not shown.
    reworked some themes
    New feature Toggle Themes. Themes menu will be shown or not shown.
    fix : show only advmenu if roms are present in roms/advmame
    fix : added p1start p1coin as ESC to pikeyd165.conf and pikeyd165_jukebox.conf
    New feature show log. Shows last 100 lines of log. Navigate with P1 Stick and quit for exit.
    New feature show modes. Shows the current set variables like screen orientation, flip, music on and off, path setting etc
    New Feature Set Keyboard locale UK
    New Feature Set Keyboard locale Germany
    New Feature Flip screen. Works on both orientations horizontal and vertical. Advame can flip on horizontal screen via config file advmame.rc.
    New gamelists for arcade and fba emulators. Gamelist now supports the current romsets for advame (6000 games plus) and lr-fbaalpha ( 5000 games plus).
    New Feature Vertical Game support for all arcade emulators and lr-fbaalpha.
    New snaps for options. All options have now a snap with a short description what they do.
    New Feature highres mode. This mode allows now to use regamebox edition in bartop systems with LCD.
    reworked make backup
    reworked export and import config
    added retroarch, vice, mednafen to import and export configs.
    reworked autostart.sh

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2017, 12:13:27 PM »
After months (year?) of that stuff still packed (  :oops: ), I've finally found time to test THE ultimate setup for me, which is :

Raspberry 3 -> Pi2Jamma + Pi2Scart  :arrow:

I was afraid to spend hours and hours doc reading to make all that stuff working... and ... finally NOT AT ALL. It's as easy as your ABC!

The result is just awesome! Full 15khz RGB / 60 Hz / 1:1 ratio pixel perfect
I've used few games who have perfectly smooth scrolling to test  ...

It's so smoothhhhhh  :-* Pictures don't do justice... display looks amazing! And the emulation is reallllly good!  :-*
I'll definitively use this setup to replace old computer or these crappy x in one chinese boards!

Thank Jochen for providing me the Pi2Scart adapter, which does a fantastic job (picture is brighter with it).

On the negative side, I had several time this bug, while browsing fast the games available on the USB stick :

Any idea what is the problem?

Oh, and I can't remove the front end music (can't find anything related to the sound in the option menu?). How to remove it ?

Finally will it be possible to configure the software to load one game only and disable the escape button?

Thx again for this amazing product!  :-* :-* :-*

Thanks for your review and sorry for the late reply.

Issue 1 : software expects the pi2jamma  joystick. Just turn on the pi2scart mode to turn off the pi2jamma joystick in the software.

Issue 2 : the music is placed on the usb stick in folder menu-audio. Replace or delete this files. New version has additionally the features toggle music on / off and set volume.

Issue 3 : option - lock game or unlock game for disabling or enabling escape from game.

Hope this helps.
Jochen

olafwagner

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2018, 10:10:24 PM »

Hello All,

After recently learning about the Pi2JAMMA, I ordered mine yesterday and joined this forum today. (I can't wait for the board to arrive)

My intent is to use the Retropie image on it (specifically the 'already-prepared' v0.8.1 image on strike-devices.net).

I do have a question on that image - is it also configured to try to find ROMS on a USB stick, or is this configured like the 'regular' Retropie at ~/RetroPie/roms/?

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2018, 10:22:35 PM »
Hey,

its regular with roms on card.

Cheers

olafwagner

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2018, 11:13:58 PM »
Hey,

its regular with roms on card.

Cheers

Brilliant, thank you.

And then a second question - is my assumption correct that pins 25/26 and c/d are being used for Player 1 Button 4/5 and Player 2 Button 4/5 respectively? (rather than N.C. as per the 'classic' JAMMA spec)

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2018, 11:36:48 PM »
Correct

B6 is wired via extra screw terminals.

olafwagner

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2018, 04:29:24 AM »
I finally got my Pi2JAMMA installed today (took a few months to sort out some other things).

I installed the Pi2JAMMA RetroPie image (I still had the retropie-4.3-pi2jamma-0_8_1.rar image) and am facing a few small challenges with the software:

- The Emulation Station menu seems to work well (at what I guess is 240p on my arcade monitor?) but when I launch any arcade game (I am using lr-mame-2003) it seems like the X-axis is scaled about 4x and the y-axis is scaled approx 2x (I attached 2 screenshots below). I have been scratching around in the RetroArch settings, but doesn't seem to make a change.

- When I press Coin-1, I (correctly) get a keyboard '5', however, when I press Coin-2, I don't get '6'. I checked my JAMMA harness for continuity, and all seems good on pins '16' and 'T' respectively. Is there somewhere in the software that I can review the pinout mappings? (I assume this maps to the GPIO somehow)

- I assume (once I fix my scaling issue) that 2-players will work just fine in MAME through the 'keyboard-style' controller that Pi2JAMMA is using. However, how does one get this to work for other systems? (eg: NES) (I guess this is more a Retropie-specific question rather than Pi2JAMMA, but this is my only 'keyboard-only' Retropie setup :-)

Thanks.

olafwagner

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2018, 02:17:32 AM »

I installed the 4.4 image from Strike-Devices and can report that all is working well. Both the video scaling and Coin2 work as expected on my JAMMA cab (with standard resolution horizontally mounted monitor)