Author Topic: Rosy Astro Vader  (Read 6017 times)

cocoon

• View Profile
Rosy Astro Vader
« on: July 20, 2016, 12:56:45 AM »
Hi from Europe,
I'm not a hardcore fan of vintage tabletops and handhelds, but lately my interest in them has increased, specially in some Rosy models that I had in my childhood and as years went by most of them were lost or broken. I've seen a Rosy Astro Vader for sale in ebay but I would to know what is the right price to pay for. Judging by what the seller says and the photos, it's tested and working. Any info regarding the fair price it would be greatly appreciated.
Regards

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: Rosy Astro Vader
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 01:58:57 PM »
It's so pretty. Get one back!

Maybe I've been lucky, but I got both Astro Vader (white one) and Space Galaxy (black one) boxed, game near mint for like 70€. I know they can do a lot more.

Things to check:
- How's the stick? The metal tube is quite fragile. Is it solid in place and does it have no dents.
- Take a good look at the corners of the fresnel lens. The lens has 4 screws on the corners, but sometimes someone was too harsch with the screwdriver resulting in cracks in the plastic.
- Check the battery compartment for battery leak accidents.

cocoon

• View Profile
Re: Rosy Astro Vader
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 10:01:03 PM »
Thanks for the advices!
I wish I could buy one for this price, sadly I think is quite difficult to find a bargain llike that nowadays (at least online). The price for the one I've seen on ebay is definitely higher. The info and the photos of the listing are quite detailed though: the stick and the battery compartment look good, and it has an small crack in one corner of the frontal lens. The screen looks good too. It has some scratches on the plastic case. I don't know the policies of this forum regarding external links, I could put the link if it's allowed, anyway is not hard to find it on ebay if you wanna take a look. Educated opinions (not like mine) regarding the price for this one in particular it would very helpful. Searching for Rosy AVs sold on ebay I had found just a couple: one MIB sold for 700 euros and another without package, not working with batteries but working with charger: it was priced 250$, best (unknown) offer accepted. Now I see another one was sold recently (very fast I guess, because I didn't even see the listing) for 100GBP (131$), without battery cover. So, that's the way things are...
Regards