Author Topic: Konami Badlands  (Read 7079 times)

Dexter

• View Profile
Konami Badlands
« on: March 11, 2009, 12:34:24 PM »
Okay,

Having looked through some of the stuff I've had in storage, I've found my Badlands LD and boards and so on (taken from a LAI Cobra Command) that WAS a Australian Badlands.

Now, I've 'Almost' finished the dedicated USA artwork for Badlands (I know, just one button. But I liked it OK lol)

I'm going to make it fit on a USA Dragon's Lair cab and then build one from the ground up and have a 'Badlands' in the collection (I sooo forgot I had all this lol) I also found some other goodies, but more on that later  8)

To give you a sample of when I 'was' working on the artwork:

Thoughts on finishing this project ?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Konami Badlands
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:55:39 PM »
i've never played BADLANDS and the instructions are pretty easy: "Shoot at everything that's moving" :D sounds like a fun game to me and the restoration of an old game is always time well spent. so go for it!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 06:11:59 PM »
Like Superully, i've never played BADLANDS  :oops: I'm gonna try it with Daphne  ;) ... but I admit that I'm not a big fan of all the Cow Boys / Western stuff...   :oops:

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 09:13:53 PM »
I can't believe that you guys have NEVER played Badlands  :o

For me, this was one of the better LD's at that time. Sure it's only got one button to play. But it's not a 'bad' game  :D

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 12:49:44 PM »
Even if simple, Badlands is a fun game. I played it a lot at CAX 2005 and now in Daphne from time to time.
I've tried for years to find a pcb in order to rebuild the game, but so far I've only managed to find a disc  :-[
Good luck with the restoration,

Matteo

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 12:31:33 PM »
Still needs more work:

Now I've been sick, so I have been putting myself to good use  :P