Author Topic: Dragon' s Lair II: Time Warp  (Read 4247 times)

flip971

• View Profile
    • Retrogame
Dragon' s Lair II: Time Warp
« on: March 26, 2009, 11:10:25 PM »
Hi to all.

I recive a DLII Time Warp Laser Disk.
I try to play it with Daphne, but the game is unplayable... >:( >:( >:( (on Daphne I use the rom set 2.11).
I search here and on D-L-P for tips, and I find a partial solution: a dos script who made the same thing of Daphne, but only for DLII.
The problem with the scirpt is: some random image during the decision move ( to take the arrow or go in the hole, for example )
 and, sometime, the game freeze and restart... >:( ??? >:(
Anyone have a solution or idea?
My LD is the 1st edition of DLII.

Thanks, Flip971.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:17:21 PM by flip971 »

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon' s Lair II: Time Warp
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 10:44:32 AM »
I don't know why it doesn't work for you in Daphne, maybe it was never tested with the 1st pressing disc.
Anyway, the best option to play with a real LD and LD player is to use the DL2 PC conversion :

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/tech/docs/conv_dl2.asp

For this one, you will need :

- a 1st or 2nd pressing DL2 LD
- a Sony LDP LD player
- a old PC with a COM2 serial port (remember, only default COM2 will work)
- a null modem cable

If your Sony player is not the 1450 or 3600D, you'll have to use the LDP-2000 version of the program.
The most important thing is that the program is a DOS executable and must be run in DOS, not in Windows from command prompt. If you try it in Windows, it will never run properly. Make a DOS bootable diskette and run it from there.
Also make sure you have the correct null modem cable. You can use the small LDP.EXE to test your player and cable, always in pure DOS !
If you do all of the above it will work fine, I've used it many times to test DL2 LDs and LD players.
Good luck,

Matteo