Author Topic: Synonym9´s 2015 year end review  (Read 26216 times)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Re: Synonym9´s 2015 year end review
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 07:08:16 AM »

Und Stefan, ich hab Dir schon einmal gesagt, geh in Orsch.

sorry, i don't speak austrian. :(
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 07:23:45 AM »

By the way Etienne....I am not whinning, I am just saying. No idea why you provoke a fight.
Others stop posting without explaination, I made a statement...if you allow.

yeah... but like you said: others stop posting.
listen: you made a thread and i am pretty sure that it took you some time. but sitting there after you posted it.. hitting reload every 5 seconds and getting mad at DLF because you do not get the reaction that you wanted... seroiusly, dude?! i could see that this would happen. history is repeating itself. that's why you got kicked out or had to leave every board so far. and it is always the others.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

ajhippel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 10:27:20 AM »
I wir around an hour to get pictures from Thomas, upload them to a hoster, make a list what I have bought and so on and so on for 3 guys answering?!?!
And one of them was sent by me to answer....that does not pay.

sorry, but most of us are very busy at christmas and they're spending time with their families. if you think you're getting not enough "payment" or standing ovations for your posting, your decision is wise not to post anymore.

anyway, thanks for the fish!

somehow i feel like

there is too much butter on those trays

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 10:48:15 AM »
sorry, but most of us are very busy at christmas and they're spending time with their families. if you think you're getting not enough "payment" or standing ovations for your posting, your decision is wise not to post anymore.

I could not say it better.

The fact you complain that only 3 people react to your post is in my opinion whining.

Lets make one thing clear, i make the decision of what i read and to what i respond.

I am not provoking any drama whatsoever, i am just making a statement.

lets just leave it like that.

Frame

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 01:19:01 PM »

For the last months everytime I visited DLF I thought "man, that place is dead...never new postings" but I going to stop now as well.

Cause DLF it's a HIGH QUALITY FORUM.
It's not the number of "X new post" that make the difference, but which is conteined in every single work-thread.

... you are able to move the cabs, like we have seen in yours humble thread " THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED " ...but than?

...share a new post on this forum take time, for the great and accurate work on the cab...restauration: have you ever tried it once?

Searching for Astro Wars glass

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 03:26:13 PM »

By the way Etienne....I am not whinning, I am just saying. No idea why you provoke a fight.
Others stop posting without explaination, I made a statement...if you allow.

yeah... but like you said: others stop posting.
listen: you made a thread and i am pretty sure that it took you some time. but sitting there after you posted it.. hitting reload every 5 seconds and getting mad at DLF because you do not get the reaction that you wanted... seroiusly, dude?! i could see that this would happen. history is repeating itself. that's why you got kicked out or had to leave every board so far. and it is always the others.

Boy!!! You really never get it, but this time you are not alone, Etienne also did´nt.

My ego is not that big (unfortunately I cannot say this about some others here) that it counts on me if you like/comment my thread or not.
In the 18 months I am in the hobby now I reached more than everybody else in the first one and a half years, especially more than certain members who does´nt do anything else than ordering machines on KLOV and let the container bring them to the house.
Are you really that 1-dimensional that you dont get the point? The forum is dead. Spoiled by an exclusive circle of members that make you or break you.
That are the same (around) 10 members who are post and answer....but only to themself.

If you are none of them, the thread gets ignored. Best example is the thread of blacky63 who restores an OpWolf. Beside me only one other member (which is Oldschool, a quite active man) participated.

For me this is not only very respectless, it also - how I said before - ruined this forum.
How many threads will he make in the future when he gets ignored. ONLY this is my point.

What you created, Stefan, that I sit and refresh all 5 seconds the browser is what you might do. I was not even at the PC over X-Mas as I was not in my hometown.

What this thread cleared out though is that fighting is what some of the members are really after. This thread was not very active until now....from yesterday night until today noon it raised to 14 answers  ;D

If I would like to I could bring it to 4 pages even before the day is over as fights is what gets you fools in the threads.
Just look at yourself, Tyrem. There is ONLY one thread of me I know of you did not open your paticipation with some negative statements/provokation.
Your usual way is to watch, watch, watch, watch until you see a chance to start a fight. It also was you in this thread who made the first negative posting.

I was´nt refering to you, Etienne or anybody....I did´nt say anything insultive. I just told Gian that I probably won´t start threads anymore as it does not pay off.
I asked in the artwork forum what the best see-through-scanner nowadays is, is this something I also did for my ego?
I did´nt get a single answer. If Etienne would have started the thread it already would have reached page 10.

A forum cannot work like this, thats why you have thousends of members only visiting once in a while and the same 10 lurking around permanently and commenting one another.

I always liked DLF but starting threads is a lot of work. I already reached the limit on the second image hoster, this is what keeps me from starting threads in the future. So screw down your ego.....its not your attention that stop me posting.
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 04:15:39 PM »

I always liked DLF but starting threads is a lot of work. I already reached the limit on the second image hoster, this is what keeps me from starting threads in the future. So screw down your ego.....its not your attention that stop me posting.

didn´t you say it was the lack of attention that made you stop posting new threads?
besides that fact that I sold blacky the operation wolf that you mentioned (and I LOVE what he is doing with it and i am pretty sure he knows about it) my contribution to the arcade scene was indeed not that big this year. ok... we created the highscore savekits... we had a nice partys in my basement and i visited some dear friends and had a hell of a lot of fun there... but that was about it. I am sorry about bying my games in america via klov, facebook, coinop or people i met along the way here in europe. really sorry. i wish i could do it your way... but Hannes.... you are one of a kind and i am very glad you are.

valentin27

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2015, 04:16:06 PM »
The topic was a good idea : share your 2015 review. We could have share our achievements (craziest roadtrip, grail purchases, ended restorations) but the way you wrote your topic is really self-oriented...  

especially more than certain members who does´nt do anything else than ordering machines on KLOV and let the container bring them to the house.

Don't you do the same with your friend ?
Personally I think finding machines in the US is not easy. It takes time to develop his network when we are not in the country and deals are very difficult to organize, more than in Europe. Americans fear everything about money when it is not cash and inland transportation is something complex and risky.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 09:31:13 AM by valentin27 »

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2015, 04:24:11 PM »

For the last months everytime I visited DLF I thought "man, that place is dead...never new postings" but I going to stop now as well.

Cause DLF it's a HIGH QUALITY FORUM.
It's not the number of "X new post" that make the difference, but which is conteined in every single work-thread.

YOU go against me??? The one who really was whining at me via PM about the exclusive circle of members who wont give the newbies a chance...and about one certain member who "snubs" you in every forum since he is a senior and you have no chance against him?
Did´nt you?

...share a new post on this forum take time, for the great and accurate work on the cab...restauration: have you ever tried it once?

I am IN the process to restore work. I was planning to post the results when everything is finished so people dont have to wait for progress.
Meanwhile I stopped making pictures as it keeps me from working. I hate it when I am totally concetrated and really in the work and I have to stop, wash my hands, grab the cam and start making pictures.
Then suddenly you run out of storage-capacity, you have to delete pictures which you cant as you did´nt save them yet and so on and so on.

In the end nobody reads it so I stopped it.
I post what I did in my personal group of FB where Thomas is and Mark....that pays off.

I have posted my Hang-On restoration, but dont know which forum, this is a resto-mod I just do for a girl:

http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/Synonym10/library/Cocktail%20resto-mod

I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2015, 04:31:29 PM »
for me it was never about achiving the most in the least amout of time. that´s stupid. i felt the same spirit that i felt back in the 90s when i made demos. the scene was incredibly nice. of course it had some well known black sheeps... but even when you startet your "century-thread" i did not think of you as a bad guy. i love arcade games because i feel like a child again. i did admire the machines when i was a kid. i never imagined to own one... and now that i can... i enjoy every single second i can fire them up!

that´s what counts. this is not a dick-competition. if you want to make it to one you better get a shave. things look bigger then.

valentin27

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2015, 04:36:19 PM »
for me it was never about achiving the most in the least amout of time. that´s stupid.

My 2015 souvenir of you will be when we had to dismantle the steel curtain, what a nightmare !  :D

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2015, 04:36:50 PM »
Valentin, this was my idea. I dont think it was self-oriented, I spoke about everything I saw this year in the forum, unfortunately there was´nt more.
In the end I posted what I found and invited others to do the same...no reaction - not my fault.

You are right, I get SOME games from the US, the most I have are from Austria though. I found them myself, organized the entire deal, transport, storage and so on.
Also the games from the USA, I found them all myself and since I am very active in it I also find games for Mark and Thomas. I find them, they pick.
And you are right also when you say americans are not easy to deal with often. I organize two operator-raids for jan-march, depends on the weather.
I do this from Vienna, so it is not just look on KLOV who sells a game, sending them to that arcade-company (I forgot the name) who put it in the container and receive it here infront of my door.
I do way more, and you know how hard it can be. This is why I say that I achieved more than others here, I did not find every game I have myself, I even find games for Thomas and the american friend of me.
He does not pick all the games for me out of the blue, he sais "Boy, what you find is not normal, how many time do you invest"
I mean I have found 2 Food Fight´s this year, I spend tons of time, and money in this, have a big network (especially with old, american, long-term collectors) and I traded games with collectors all over the world meanwhile.

Whatever, I invited EVERYBODY to tell us how his year was....they decided themself to be quit, but this does not make my thread self oriented.
And even if....every restoration-thread or find is self-oriented....I have no problem with that.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2015, 04:41:56 PM »

My 2015 souvenir of you will be when we had to dismantle the steel curtain, what a nightmare !  :D

lol yeah... and my souvenir is giving you a hug every time i see you! you rock and i can not thank you enough for everything you did!

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2015, 04:47:33 PM »
for me it was never about achiving the most in the least amout of time. that´s stupid.

Again you did´nt get the point...this is obviously what makes you to who you are.
Even if you understand you try to modify it to something bad.

the scene was incredibly nice. of course it had some well known black sheeps... but even when you startet your "century-thread" i did not think of you as a bad guy.

It was guys like you tried to make me a black sheep from the beginning, but I am grateful because if I am a black sheep because I have my own will and minds I prefer to be a dark-black sheep  ;D

And for sure I dont want to join this forum-ruining 10-members-club every forum in the world got. If that are the white sheeps than the forum got 3000 black ones  ;D

this is not a dick-competition. if you want to make it to one you better get a shave. things look bigger then.

Please, your piccolo and the way you make it looks bigger is really nothing that interests anybody (beside 9 others) here.
If you want insult and provoke me again, at least you stay arcade-related when you do this.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2015, 04:53:26 PM »
:(

over and out...

Greetings from Trier!