Author Topic: Synonym9´s 2015 year end review  (Read 26215 times)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: Synonym9´s 2015 year end review
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2015, 05:03:45 PM »
Further more, as I am a black sheep and you are bright white:

I cannot tell how many games I have found or given to others, 3 machines to Nilfiks, one for free. 30+ for Thomas,
Asteroids,
Galaxy Ranger,
Space Invaders DX
and one more I dont remember of for free.

3 machines for Mark.
1 machine for Markus
1 machine for Nikos
2 machines for GLstar (Gian)
1 machine for Florian
2 machines for Martin (covered in the Century-thread)

and this is only what I recall now.

I made POS-files (CAD-files for the CNC-Carpenter) for that guy over on UKVAC and paid the scan of the outline myself and so I did for Alex the kid. I also paid the gas to his place 2 or 3 times myself only to help him with two cabinet-sidewalls.
There is an "amazing offer of help from Synonym9" thread on UKVAC from the guy.

I gave tons, and I mean TONS of PCB´s to Nilfiks for free, I organized him a free pickup of a cabinet from a place 3,5hours away and did not even ask for gas.
By the way Martin, the Asteroids-clone I have bought you is still waiting to get picked as well as the other game I gave you for free.

I restored artwork for collectors and never charged anything nor I did charge Mike arcade for the Logo for his forum.

So if I am a black sheep only because I am not ready to kiss asses of the "club of rome"-members, tell me what YOU have done for the community, Tyrem....the community that is soooooo great in your eyes and you love sooooo much, what have you done or given to them?
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2015, 05:06:51 PM »
:(

over and out...

Greetings from Trier!

That it what I would say if I would be in your shoes as well.....

And by the way, did´nt you have a big fight with an austrian collector because  of some parts. The fight was that big that Ully had to solve it.
So dont pretand to be Sankt Stefan, you just dont show others...but you got conflicts yourself, you white sheep...
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2015, 07:33:33 PM »
Christmas a time of hope and hapiness .... Just three days ago. Well there is still time for positive intentions for 2016  :'(

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2015, 07:36:45 PM »

And by the way, did´nt you have a big fight with an austrian collector because  of some parts. The fight was that big that Ully had to solve it.

nope. i bought 3 screens from him and i still do not have them. after a bit less then a year they got delivered to ully. i payed them on the day i bought them. i would not call it a big fight. i was asking for what was mine. as i said: still not here... but everything is cool with the "biiig collector" from austria. do your homework, crybaby. ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 07:40:33 PM by Tyrem »
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2015, 07:39:54 PM »

So if I am a black sheep only because I am not ready to kiss asses of the "club of rome"-members, tell me what YOU have done for the community, Tyrem....the community that is soooooo great in your eyes and you love sooooo much, what have you done or given to them?

showed them what person you are? :)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2015, 07:52:55 PM »
That topic was a great idea. I also planned to answer it too, because, yeah, for me it was a special year... but like most of guys, I just didn't have time to do it so far.
And if I don't have time I prefer not to post, and wait until I have time, in order to do it right!
But I can' believe how you turn your own topic into a such bullshit, Synonym9  ???
In the name and for the good of all the white sheep here, I suggest you the stay away for this *dead forum*, for a while... ::)

Hey, a nice opportunity to link one of my favorite song from one of my favorite band : EXTREME - Get The Funk Out!
The lyrics here::)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 08:02:06 PM by DarthNuno »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2015, 11:01:56 PM »
Great song Bruno !  :D

Frame

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2015, 12:44:07 AM »

I post what I did in my personal group of FB where Thomas is and Mark....

Post on face book: it's more gratifying, it's for the new generation... there you can quantify exactly your followers.

Give up the forum system, it's for the old school man, which don't aspire in popularity 
Searching for Astro Wars glass

Purity

• View Profile
    • Arcade Collectors
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2015, 12:57:44 AM »
I would agree with the comment above.  Having read through this thread I believe it would be better if you had your own blog or similar and then you can post on there - if people are interested they can read and comment on it.  If not, they won't.  Simple.

As a neutral I also got the impression that you expected a fairly instant response to your thread and was annoyed when that didn't happen.  That simply doesn't happen and it can be for a number of reasons - people can't be bothered, they have nothing to say, they don't have the time or they want to post later.  It does seem like you have taken that personally, when in reality it happens on every forum.  It happens to me on DLF, UKVac etc.  I don't take offence.  I just assume people don't want to comment.  Fair enough.

I think your intentions were good  - a "2015 year end review", but when you title it as "Synonym9´s 2015 year end review", it does seem self indulgent, because the title sounds like you will be mostly talking about yourself, which is not what I think you were trying to achieve?

As I said I am totally neutral.  I don't know you or have any allegiances with any other members on here.  It's just how it read to me.

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2015, 11:28:37 AM »
Hi guys

Yesterday, I just read through the whole thread and yeah, I agree with DarthNuno´s statement:

But I can' believe how you turn your own topic into a such bullshit, Synonym9  ???

To be honest, I know synonym9 from 3 Mails or so, thats it ( I contacted him ).

So I agree with the guys here, arcade forums are not Facebook where you will get answers very quick. Im registrated in 2 other ( german ) arcade forum and its near the same there.
I dont get it why you think everyone wants to fight you if he doesnt agree you or has a different opinion, but well, im not asking for answers or clearification.

But on the other side, I wanna say your and old schools collection is quite nice and impressive. Sadly your behaviour to some members is borderline values.

These are just my 2 cents  ;)
Wish u all a good new year!
Andi

Chuckie egg

• Nintendo arcade
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2016, 04:52:08 PM »
Lol Here we go again
good way to start 2016
Your such a big player hanging out with the big boys now on Facebook that Dlf is to small a place because not enough people are commenting on your self endulgance .
I don't think anyone will miss you big boy.
You have become a bane for most forums existence.

lesoleil70

• Wales, Cymru Am Byth
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2016, 09:20:19 PM »
I missed this because I was enjoying life with family and friends and parked this hobby for a fortnight over Christmas and New Year.

Personally I achieved making a big mess in 2015 and overstocking small areas, and I had fun doing so anyway, I plan to do the same in 2016 only with a bigger area and more mess, I feel it is a plan I can achieve without a plan.

I have not fought with anyone in 2015 and do not plan to in 2016, In just over 2 years in this hobby (officially since owning a cab) I have made great friends from all corners of the world on many forums inc DLF, in person and at events, silly fun on Twitter etc

Playing games and restoring games alone sounds so lonely, forums and people make it fun and a hobby worth remaining in for many years.

Only yesterday I was talking with Etienne regarding measurements on Space Invaders CPO's, and with Tighe in the USA who will help me with monitor position pics.  Good people make this a good hobby. Just think for a second, I'm in Wales talking to a guy in NL and another in East Coast USA and we're figuring stuff out by mail/twitter/forum....this is awesome...I may be easily impressed but still...think about it, good people helping each other miles away with no requests for money, just for the love of it, because like minded people click.

I'm now going offline to make love. :spaceace:

Peace - everybody....

Franzy21

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2016, 10:28:42 PM »
I have not fought with anyone in 2015 and do not plan to in 2016, In just over 2 years in this hobby (officially since owning a cab) I have made great friends from all corners of the world on many forums inc DLF, in person and at events, silly fun on Twitter etc

Playing games and restoring games alone sounds so lonely, forums and people make it fun and a hobby worth remaining in for many years.

Only yesterday I was talking with Etienne regarding measurements on Space Invaders CPO's, and with Tighe in the USA who will help me with monitor position pics.  Good people make this a good hobby. Just think for a second, I'm in Wales talking to a guy in NL and another in East Coast USA and we're figuring stuff out by mail/twitter/forum....this is awesome...I may be easily impressed but still...think about it, good people helping each other miles away with no requests for money, just for the love of it, because like minded people click.

From the Arcade Gospel by lesoleil  ;D

All this stuff you wrote really resonates with me.
Couldn't have explained it better.
And I have only been around for less than a year...

Dreaming of a Namco Galaxian waiting in a barn for me... somewhere! A Nintendo Sheriff would also make me happy. And a SNK Sasuke Vs Commanders or a SEGA Samurai... Argh too many; in fact!