Author Topic: Somebody please save this Night Driver !  (Read 24361 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Somebody please save this Night Driver !
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 08:43:58 PM »
I just checked and the first posting I made about this machine is just a couple days short of ONE YEAR ago !!!

I knew it had been there for some time but didn't remember it was that long already. The negotiations went surprisingly easy (the way that it makes you feel you should have offered less), but still, it was the low price that Ully wanted to pay for it and CONSIDERABLY less than the first amounts they asked (which of course was crazy).

I guess some things were right: I said: What if we take it away right now ? I've got a guy in Germany interested and he's willing to offer X (I'll allow Ully to fill in the X if he wants) for it. He immediatly replied: OK, deal ! (So that made me think I could have actually offered less.
The other "right" things: early wednesday morning, not a sole in the business except Erik and I and the seller, low economy (almost every cab, jukebox, pin that he had about a year ago were still there in the same spot.....) and a van in front to take it away right at that moment.

Anyway, I'm very glad we could help Ully to get this nice machine. I love the side-art. It is complete but not working (monitor seems to work, PCB not). But it's complete and un-hacked. It's good to know it has gone to a loving home !

P.S. The seller has some more machines some people might be interested in. None are the "really" wanted games, but I figure I should go and take some pics next time I'm in the area. Expect all cabs to at least not work (or worse). Most notably were two Hard Drivin' cabs, the cockpit versions with the chair that "folds out". One red and one yellow one (I didn't recall they made yellow versions too....).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 08:47:31 PM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 08:53:04 PM »
I've got a guy in Germany interested and he's willing to offer X (I'll allow Ully to fill in the X if he wants) for it.

X = The Roman numeral with an additional zero behind  ;) i think that's a fair price and i'm in no way angry at you, andrĂ©, for not starting with a lower offer. it's absolutely fine with me!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 09:01:24 PM »
I've got a guy in Germany interested and he's willing to offer X (I'll allow Ully to fill in the X if he wants) for it.

X = The Roman numeral with an additional zero behind  ;) i think that's a fair price and i'm in no way angry at you, andrĂ©, for not starting with a lower offer. it's absolutely fine with me!!!
I know, but it's just the eagerness and speed that the seller responded with. As if he'd never imagined to fetch 100 Euro's for it ;)  Considering the first price mentioned and the price his colleague mentioned later after we tested it (and it didn't work, as he said it would), he already was at 175. I then said I had to think about it and bladiablaidbla. So, I was really expecting him to say that it would be not enough.

Still, honestly ,this is a good price for both parties IMHO. It's definitely rare (never seen one in Europe before) and it's in as good condition as you can expect from a 1976 game...