Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
August 24, 2019, 04:40:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten Pence Arcade Podcast #37 Is Out!  (Read 2187 times)
virtvic

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2015, 07:25:34 PM »

The new podcast is out! We review Shaun's favouritest game evah! : 1942
Planes, planes and even more planes!!!  Grin

Listen to the podcast or download from www.tenpencearcade.co.uk and get clickable shownotes or get from iTunes.

Enjoy!

Listen to our podcast! www.tenpencearcade.co.uk
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 09:22:08 PM »

Just finished that one... Yeah I know I'm late!  oppps

Loved that one, especially the fact that you plan to come to Eurocade (which is not in Belgium, but in Netherlands Wink)

Ok, here's my 1942 'story' : early in the nineties, I was eligible for military service (which was mandatory back then in Belgium).
So I had to pass test during a couple of days in a military center in Brussels. These test happened during the morning/after noon only. But because most of kids there weren't living close, we had to spent the night at this military complex. And the only 'evening' distraction back there was a huge room, with a kind of bar, a babyfoot, a pool... and only one video game : 1942!
So we were something like 50+ guys in this big room... and I remember the hugggge queue behind the game! I had the opportunity to play only one game that evening! At that time, 1942 was already released since few years.... so I didn't insist to play it more (...and it can't beat THE XEVIOUS GOD  Tongue), but it was so funny to see a such enthusiasm   Wink

Oh, you mentioned also a 1942 with the Galaga sprites? Curious to see that... where it the link?

Keep the good work guys!  Smiley

ShaunHolley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 08:09:42 AM »

Thanks for the feedback, and a great story  Smiley

Co-host of the Ten Pence Arcade Podcast
http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: