Author Topic: ALL SOLD: Now only empty Asteroids cab only left....  (Read 4594 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
ALL SOLD: Now only empty Asteroids cab only left....
« on: August 10, 2015, 08:13:34 PM »
Seriously:

Selling off some Asteroids stuff people:

1) Asteroids shell. Mostly empty. Needs a good home and TLC. Has a white kick board for some reason, but we all know how little ugly ducklings can become beautiful swans ! :D There's a silvery coin door in there...Irish cab I guess. SOLD !

2) Asteroids marquee. I'd give it a 9.5/10 "SOLD"

3) Asteroids Control Panel. With original-show-the-wear-and-use (™) rust and wear :D In other words needs sanding, priming, painting and a new CPO which....... "SOLD"

4) I also have on offer :) A brand NIB/NOS (wait no it's a repro) Asteroids CPO ! Full size of course so it covers the entire panel (not one of those flimsy looking top-side only one) SOLD

5) A brand new "NIB" repro cardboard bezel. You know those funky planets and stuff...nice :) [SOLD]

6) Asteroids harness. Untested and I'm not sure it is 100% complete.....
You know these strings of wires with all those funky colors, excellent decoration for your gameroom or let your girlfriend wear it as a boa....
SOLD

7) ....and this one is a MAYBE: plexi bezel "NIB" repro. This depends on one thing: can I find/get the scanned artwork for the Italian Asteroids plexi bezel....I know at least one to exist in a town near Milano :D SOLD

Now.....there may be more Asteroids related stuff. I have a PCB but I'm not sure if it still works....I know it did work, many moons ago. Could give it a try in my Lunar Lander ....

All this stuff can for go for friends' prices....and this hugely depends if you can pick it up at Eurocade or not, because I need to get this stuff out quickly :D

Now if you're really serious I "MIGHT" have a B/W vector monitor to go with this and I "MIGHT" have a power brick to go with this, but that's only for someone who will take all this stuff in one go and price of vector monitors....well you know what I mean :)

OK let's hear it guys :)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:48:49 PM by Level42 »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Although the marquee of my Asteroids is also in great shape (10/10), I'm still interested in yours. It never hurts to have  a spare one.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Deal.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Since you kindly donated your Lunar Lander marquee this one is of course a freebie too buddy ! :D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
BUMP....this stuff _MUST_ go people....shoot me crazy low-ball offers !

ocb

• View Profile
PM sent

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Thanks, I got three PMs on this and as always.....first comes, first served....

I'll make pictures of the stuff and contact you guys via PM.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Just for the record, a picture of the marquee....I didn't even clean it yet.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
OK gentlemen....

I had 4 PM's about the Asteroids parts.

Now, first of all, I got the metal control panel from Bencao74. He PMed that he would like to have it back and AFAIR he gave it as a gift, so it would be totally wrong to ignore that request.

So the CP is gone, sorry for the others but I'd feel pretty bad selling a part I was given for free to complete a project.

OK, here's some of the stuff (not all yet) pictured.

The order of PM's I received is:
1) PRC
2) Synonym
3) ocb

Pictures:

Harness. As you can see it's complete (incl. the CP harness) BUT all wires are cut from the big black connector.

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
Do you have a photo of the cardboard bezel?

My original one is faded and dirty. But the picture of the new repro cardboard bezel on arcadeshop.com doesn't look that promising colourwise.
Makes Arcade Artwork Reproductions at www.arcadeartrepro.com

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile

So the CP is gone... :(
The Harness is cut after the black connector, do you know that cables that are? Are that the cables for the buttons? If so one still could use it. With a little testing I could find out what the cables do.
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
The first guy to respond (PRC) bought everything except the cabinet itself.

I finally took some pictures (was handy now most of the surrounding cabs were moved to Eurocade....)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
More pics.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
This cabinet actually is in pretty decent condition after all ! Only the top right side has some serious damage. Mehhh, get out a sharpie/permanent marker and nobody will notice ;)

There is no backdoor by the way....
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:49:40 PM by Level42 »