Author Topic: A Stupid Question??  (Read 4355 times)

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
A Stupid Question??
« on: February 04, 2009, 05:17:06 PM »
A "Stupid" question:

Why does everyone cover up their mailing address, email, eBay name, car license plate etc etc etc in email posts pix or whatever?

Does it really matter?  If someone wanted to find you, there are so many other ways to find a person!

It may sound dumb to me, but if someone out there Realllly intended to do you harm, they would've found you already?

All the blurring in posts just seems goofy.

Am I just dumb?   ???

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: A Stupid Question??
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 06:25:54 PM »
Well, I use to blur names on Ebay 'print screen', because I think the amount of money paid for an item should stay 'private', except if the buyer don't care about it of course... it's up to him.
It's not a big problem regarding the small items, but for example when you buy a big and expensive arcade game, it's an other story (jealous people or just stupid guys that follow everything you're buying/selling just for curiosity for example  :?)

Oh, I also hide my car license plate on my road trips, not for privacy purposes, but because I like to replace it by funny pictures  ;)

...my two cents on this  8)

vib_ribbon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 06:28:37 PM »
hehehe... but don't make it easy for them!

it's like saying, if someone wants to burgle your house and nick all your cabs, they will somehow manage to if they really want to. but it's not because of this i will not lock my front door from now on??  ;D

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 08:29:32 PM »
Ohhh. Ok   :D   No Problem!!   ;D

logan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 09:31:34 AM »
hehehe... but don't make it easy for them!

it's like saying, if someone wants to burgle your house and nick all your cabs, they will somehow manage to if they really want to. but it's not because of this i will not lock my front door from now on??  ;D

true, just what i wanted to write...  ;D