Author Topic: [Restauration] Crazy Kong fase 2  (Read 50223 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: [Restauration] Crazy Kong fase 2
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2012, 11:55:11 AM »
Thanks

i will keep one cabinet with the original spacestation art, and the other will get the CK sidearts  ;)

johnsarcade

• Mushroom Kingdom, USA
    • View Profile
    • John's Arcade
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2014, 12:25:43 AM »
That looks FANTASTIC! What a cool cool cabinet. Does the joystick have a ball?? I really want a Zaccaria Crazy Kong. OMG!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2014, 09:34:38 AM »
That looks FANTASTIC! What a cool cool cabinet. Does the joystick have a ball?? I really want a Zaccaria Crazy Kong. OMG!
Check out the full upright. :D

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2014, 11:01:50 AM »

Nope, the joystick is in there because its Original, i do prefer another joystick for gameplay though.

but i this case, originality wins  ;)

johnsarcade

• Mushroom Kingdom, USA
    • View Profile
    • John's Arcade
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2014, 04:15:14 PM »
That joystick looks painful!!  :o :o :o

Jase

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2014, 11:10:40 PM »
That joystick looks painful!!  :o :o :o

Damn they're terrible! I remember playing Super Cobra back in the early 80's with one of these joysticks, and I HATED it!!! Does nothing for playability, makes it a frustrating experience.
I have a Moon Shuttle cab which had a black version of this death spike, and I've whipped it out after getting all those old feelings again! Hehe! :D

Oh by the way, superb restoration!  :)
Star Wars, Berzerk, Qix, Tempest, Gorf, PacMan, Joust, Moon Cresta, Defender, Moon Shuttle, Space Invaders Pt II full size originals. Nintendo PC-10 MAME cab.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2014, 08:34:47 AM »
like i said, its in there for originality  ;)

i does not only look painfull, it is painfull to play with it..

not only because it does not have a ball, but also because of the length, it forces you to play with your hand in a very uncomfortable position.

almost like holding a pencil, witch will give you cramps in your hand  :twisted:
especially with the first spring that i used in there, it made the stick very sturdy.
the spring has been replaced now for a lighter version and i need to say that since it was changed, the usage is much more comfortable, but still far from perfect

its also too short to hold it in your fist, and because it does not have a ball, and if you play with it like a balltop joystick, that hurts like hell  :D

Oh by the way, superb restoration!  :)

Thanks man !

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 08:38:49 AM by Etienne MacGyver »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2014, 09:11:21 AM »
IMHO this joystick was a way to prevent people from playing hours and hours after throwing in only one coin  ;D

Frame

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2015, 12:36:40 AM »
..sorry for resume a old post: but this tread is like Highlander: everlasting!

It's a plaesure read it! ....all well documented Etienne!

I have 2 questions:

Painting Zacc Color:

@Ully: yes indeed, but i have trouble finding the brown and glossy finish in the paintshop..
i do however have another wooden piece, and perhaps that is abit better than this..

...I'll repaint the panel of my Zacc: one in brown (stars) one in blu (Vanguard)... (and one other in Astro Wars blu..problably)

...it will be a great help identify (by a color code) the Zaccaria color used for the front.. then will be easy to go directly to buy it in the colors shop..

Plexyglass (my curiosity):

it was laser cut I read... they have a sloping edge like genuine one, or the cut was just vertical?

...at last, Etienne:

for my last Zacc restore I'll do Astro Wars...but now it's lacks in original CPO (and Bezel too)...
Cause this cab will be the only one allowed me to enter home (into my little boy room probably) I'll put not the original CPO but (like Blanbek) a multi game pcb....so I need CPO for a joy and 3 button as well... I'm asking you if it's possible to have that wonderful black Astro Wars panel in 3 button version (created by Blanbek girlfriend's I have read !! Many compliments to her!! Great work!!)

Grazie (Many Thanks)
Searching for Astro Wars glass

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2015, 06:51:14 AM »
If you have a matched code for the paint, that would be very cool, because i know that its a dificult color, and it has a high glossy finish over it.
i think they used varnish over the paint.

The plexi has a little slope but thats from cutting, not because i instructed them to do so, however i have received a sample of the same plexi's from Jochen (Bencao), which did have the slope at the edge.

I also know he has more plexi work than me, and is selling this kind of plexi AFAIK. i can order the plexi's again, but it was more like a one time thing.

the files used for the CPO of blanbek can be found here:

Astrowars_Custom_CPO.pdf

Astrowars_Custom_CPO_plexi.pdf

I am doing a "reverse" printjob soon, if you want i can add one for you.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 06:53:54 AM by Etienne MacGyver »

Frame

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2015, 10:50:35 PM »

I am doing a "reverse" printjob soon, if you want i can add one for you.

Yes I'd like... Soon I'll try to make a plexy CPO by myself, If the results will be poor I'll ask you "all the package".

...I'm waiting my friend give me a dxf file (I'm not able to produce this) of CPO to work the plexy... after this I'll told you Etienne.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2015, 10:03:30 AM »
For plexi i need to point you to Bencao74 because it was just a one time plexi run i did.

The print i can do, i'll add it to the file for you.

Frame

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2015, 01:05:51 PM »
For plexi i need to point you to Bencao74 because it was just a one time plexi run i did.

The print i can do, i'll add it to the file for you.

Ok for plexi (I had read about that: another user ask to you the same...now I remeber your ans).

For the CPO:

can you make also a good reverse print (white on the the back as genuine is..) of Astro Wars Glass?

I'll try to looking near Milano, but if the results of same "printing shop" will not appropriate, I'll agree to your favour...
let me know within you accept this commission.

Regards

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:14:02 PM by Frame »