Author Topic: Printing Business Idea  (Read 6257 times)

Dexter

• View Profile
Printing Business Idea
« on: February 24, 2009, 12:31:57 AM »
Hi all,

I am in negotiations with a current arcade artwork supplier to provide my artwork (to get it out there and on good quality material and non ink-jet)
What I’d like to know is, would you guys be interested in a ‘site’ discount (will provide discount codes)

There is nothing in it for me (even me supplying the artwork, all I want is free printing/shipping of what I want)
I just want to help people wanting to get hard to find artwork out there.

What do you guys think ? I have over 1000 files of some RARE artwork and from other that said I can use it.

Also, in the meantime I am trying to setup a printing business here in Oz and then try and setup in the US and UK.

People that supply scans/artwork to scan or files will get FREE copies of the prints (say 2 or 3 sets)

What do you think of that ? I’ve just had some samples printed here and will post them up on the weekend (you should see my Peter PackRat CPO and Marquee WooHoo)

Thoughts ??

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Printing Business Idea
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 08:13:54 AM »
if you can pull this off, that's a great idea. australia is a "little bit" off for the european guys from this board, but you said you were thinking about a shop in the UK, too. that would rock!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 08:20:17 AM »
if you can pull this off, that's a great idea. australia is a "little bit" off for the european guys from this board, but you said you were thinking about a shop in the UK, too. that would rock!!!

yeah I wanted to find a printer in the UK and the US then buy via me and I have them printed in the US/UK for you guys  ;D

I for one know how hard it is to get stuff shipped from the US (as would you) so this is why I came up with this idea

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 06:24:01 PM »
That's a very good idea Dexter  :)

People that supply scans/artwork to scan or files will get FREE copies of the prints (say 2 or 3 sets)

YES! I'm sure it'll give the motivation for using the scanner on our cabinets, or making vector files under Adobe Illustrator for example  ;)

There are still a lot of CPO, Bezel, Side Art, Front Art unavailable for reproduction  :?

So, definitively YES... GOOD IDEA  ;)

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 09:12:33 PM »
Now I just need to find a printer in the UK to speak to. I've got one here and in the US.

JamesSS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:30:51 PM »
I have heard very good reviews about this guy http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MonkeysStickerShop on ebay here in the UK. There is a topic about him on this forum http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12096&PN=1.