Author Topic: Astro Wars, the Zaccarian Arcade value?  (Read 18019 times)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Re: Astro Wars, the Zaccarian Arcade value?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 03:26:41 PM »
I feel a bit stupid now

Don't. It's worth what it's worth TO YOU!  You will forget about the money once it's running at your place :)

When will you get it?

:spaceace:
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

ZippiZ

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 03:43:39 PM »
Thanks for all your input, appreciate it

Just went for it because I thought it was a such a nice looking cabinet. Love the colors and the shape.

It would be really cool to restore and make it working again, but the game inside is not what I want for a arcade so might end up just buying a cheap monitor, add a joystick (will rebuild the panel and save the original one if I could) and use the arcade for a 60 in 1 game elf or similar.
I will of course save all the internals.

The thing is that I have yet to pay for it, and now its getting really hard for me to justify the purchase.

I do not have a lot of money, and as for a couple of weeks I'm even unemployed. Add to that the fact that I could not fit this in my home, it will have to be placed in my garage (warm) for now.

PaTrYcK

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 08:54:26 PM »
Astro Wars, beautiful ZZZ cab!!!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 09:26:50 PM by PaTrYcK »

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 09:12:45 PM »
60 in 1 was my first pcb... and it sucked for many reasons. try to find your game.. the one that you really like playing... and put it inside the cab if you don't want to keep it as a dedicated zac.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

PaTrYcK

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 09:29:23 PM »
and use the arcade for a 60 in 1 game elf or similar.

:'( :'( :'(

If you want use 60 in game elf or similar please take generic cabinet....
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 09:31:44 PM by PaTrYcK »

lesoleil70

• Wales, Cymru Am Byth
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 09:40:49 PM »
Thanks for all your input, appreciate it

Just went for it because I thought it was a such a nice looking cabinet. Love the colors and the shape.

It would be really cool to restore and make it working again, but the game inside is not what I want for a arcade so might end up just buying a cheap monitor, add a joystick (will rebuild the panel and save the original one if I could) and use the arcade for a 60 in 1 game elf or similar.

The thing is that I have yet to pay for it, and now its getting really hard for me to justify the purchase.

I do not have a lot of money, and as for a couple of weeks I'm even unemployed. Add to that the fact that I could not fit this in my home, it will have to be placed in my garage (warm) for now.

Hi - This is going to sound really bad, and I apologize for my tone.  Please do not pay for this cabinet, this game is a zaccaria astro wars, it might not be the most desirable game in the world, or the sexiest cabinet zaccaria built, but ripping the guys out of it and placing a 60-1 in there is shitting on beauty, and robbing the world of art because you are wanting a cab....this one is not for you, please leave it be. 

Would you graffiti the Mona Lisa?
To some, me included, this is actually worse. 

I take it you are in the UK, please join UKvac or Jamma+ forums, we will be nice to you, place a wanted ad and ask for a "Jamma cab with working monitor", you may even get one for free, contact user Frothmeister, and buy a 60-1 for a great deal, honestly half the cost of ebay.  You will be up and running for very little, but please do not fk up this zac because you want to play Galaga.

Again, sorry for my direct tone, it's for your good trust me, and for the preservation of Zac's that I have started to take a bit too seriously lately.

Anyway, I've had my say.

ZippiZ

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 10:16:30 PM »
Hold on...

Don't want another cabinet, it was "love at first sight" when I spoted this.
And I feel it would be a great shame to destroy a cabinet like this in any way.

First of, I would really try to restore this in working order, but I might be over my head. But still dreaming of give it a try.

If I don't manage to do this I might consider convert this cabinet to aa Jamma...
BUT, I would save all components and would not destroy the original layout or anything like that. I would be really carefull and alway make it possible to restore it to original again i wanted.

I really like the look of the Astro Wars, but I have not seen it in person yet. I, would not even want to restore the side-art or anything like that. I'm perfectly ok with this being a bit worn and, its old and I do not mind if it shows.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 10:20:09 PM »
I just thought that was a pretty good price... I feel a bit stupid now, and to make it even worse the shipping (from England to Sweden) would cost me almost as much as the Arcade.

:-\

So no Dean, he is not in the UK  ;)

i also vote not to 60in1 it, by the looks of the pics, it looks complete even the PCB.

but on the other hand, if you really like the cabinet and really want to change the game inside, do indeed what you suggest and save all the original parts and don't hack up the inner works, its easy to restore to Original without damage at a later point in time.

i can relate to it as i also don't have alot of space also and want a 100000 in one machine (thats why i still got the empty spacestation shell.. but thats a complete different story ;D )

ZippiZ

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 10:24:14 PM »

Hi - This is going to sound really bad, and I apologize for my tone.  Please do not pay for this cabinet, this game is a zaccaria astro wars, it might not be the most desirable game in the world, or the sexiest cabinet zaccaria built, but ripping the guys out of it and placing a 60-1 in there is shitting on beauty, and robbing the world of art because you are wanting a cab....this one is not for you, please leave it be.  

Would you graffiti the Mona Lisa?
To some, me included, this is actually worse.  

I take it you are in the UK, please join UKvac or Jamma+ forums, we will be nice to you, place a wanted ad and ask for a "Jamma cab with working monitor", you may even get one for free, contact user Frothmeister, and buy a 60-1 for a great deal, honestly half the cost of ebay.  You will be up and running for very little, but please do not fk up this zac because you want to play Galaga.

Again, sorry for my direct tone, it's for your good trust me, and for the preservation of Zac's that I have started to take a bit too seriously lately.

Anyway, I've had my say.

But actually I think this is "the sexiest cabinet zaccaria built", at least one of the nicest looking I have seen. (not sure if I ever saw a sexy arcade ;) )My favorite cab before spotting this I would say is the pac-man cabinet.
I just want a really nice cabinet, and be able to play some good old classic games on it as well. The generic Jammas are dead ugly, as least as far as I seen. (Help me out if I'm wrong).

The colors, the shape, the art of the Astro Wars is so great, its a beauty and I would treat it with love.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:30:01 PM by ZippiZ »

ZippiZ

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2014, 10:32:27 PM »
So no Dean, he is not in the UK  ;)

i also vote not to 60in1 it, by the looks of the pics, it looks complete even the PCB.

but on the other hand, if you really like the cabinet and really want to change the game inside, do indeed what you suggest and save all the original parts and don't hack up the inner works, its easy to restore to Original without damage at a later point in time.

i can relate to it as i also don't have alot of space also and want a 100000 in one machine (thats why i still got the empty spacestation shell.. but thats a complete different story ;D )

Ok, I did own a Jamma (Killer Instinct) Arcade many years ago, and just thought the 60 in 1 was perfect by now. But I hear you... :) Might still have some jamma PCB left in the basement...  :?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:35:01 PM by ZippiZ »

PaTrYcK

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 10:37:15 PM »
Astro Wars to jamma?
How sad ...you must remove all the original wiring, drill the cpo for new joystick and buttons, the monitor mtc90 not is the best monitor for your project, if you like this cab please, hold it   original...

I have modified astro wars and would like your original!

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=5855.msg85693#msg85693
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:42:19 PM by PaTrYcK »

lesoleil70

• Wales, Cymru Am Byth
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2014, 11:38:07 PM »
I'm going to bed now, I hope this will all go away by the morning.

J A M M A

Just Another Machine My Ass

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 08:31:35 AM »
I don't think turning this cab to JAMMA will be an easy job and I doubt it will be possible without destroying some of it's original parts.

See the connectors of the PCB? It's not a simple 'make a silly adapater to Jamma'-job like with the most non-jamma-PCBs. It either making connectors for all those plugs OR cutting the wires and solder them to a 56pin connector.

So once you have it in your garage, try to fix it....it IS possible!! :)

blackie63

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2014, 09:01:09 AM »
or dont buy it let me buy it, and i will certainly not do anything other than try to get it running as was designed ,these cabs are just so lovely man i would love the rest of them but not possible at the moment  :)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 09:04:32 AM »
or dont buy it let me buy it, and i will certainly not do anything other than try to get it running as was designed ,these cabs are just so lovely man i would love the rest of them but not possible at the moment  :)

that´s a pretty nice offer.