Author Topic: Finally I did it!..Completed my first project!  (Read 23374 times)

GoRetro74

• View Profile
Re: Finally I did it!..Completed my first project!
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2014, 08:08:52 PM »
Yea, great job.

Young skywalker, now that you have your 2 toys it's time to make the next step: realize that emulators are the dark side of the players...  ;D   Thanks Vernimark! May the force be with you!... :lol:

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2014, 08:05:49 AM »
now that you have your 2 toys it's time to make the next step: realize that emulators are the dark side of the players... 

This was my way as well....10 years ago  ::)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2014, 08:10:02 AM »
now that you have your 2 toys it's time to make the next step: realize that emulators are the dark side of the players... 

me too. started with a 60:1.
who would have guessed that a few years later this would still be my goal. ok... something has changed... i do not want 60 games on 1 board anymore but 60 cabs in 1 basement. ;)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2014, 09:01:02 AM »

This was my way as well....10 years ago  ::)

Thanks Guy's!  That gives me a sense of relief. Broke out in a sweat whilst deciding weather to post it on here or not? Happy to know that I am not alone on the dark side.  8) It's great to see that ones work in the dark comes out in the light. Power ON! my friends! ;)

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2014, 09:10:44 AM »

me too. started with a 60:1.

who would have guessed that a few years later this would still be my goal. ok... something has changed... i do not want 60 games on 1 board anymore but 60 cabs in 1 basement. ;)

Tyrem, So do I Buddy! But how do you explain it to the wife that wants to extend later on when we can onto the house for the children's rooms. I see me waking up in a cabin one morning. I guess the limited budget I am on at the moment is keeping things safe. When I got the cabins you can imagine how much of a rush I was into to get them completed.  :twisted: :P ;D :pac: :ghost:

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2014, 09:29:53 AM »

Tyrem, So do I Buddy! But how do you explain it to the wife that wants to extend later on when we can onto the house for the children's rooms. I see me waking up in a cabin one morning. I guess the limited budget I am on at the moment is keeping things safe. When I got the cabins you can imagine how much of a rush I was into to get them completed.  :twisted: :P ;D :pac: :ghost:

thank god i have enough space. my wife supports my hobby cause she knows that this makes me happy. :)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2014, 09:44:02 AM »

thank god i have enough space. my wife supports my hobby cause she knows that this makes me happy. :)

Amen for that! My wife also likes what I have managed to conquer! and lucky for my eldest he was excited and eager to bring it all together as a complete unit. If I had the room for us and the cabs it would be absolutely fine with her cause she slips in now and then to play.... :lol:

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2014, 04:55:40 PM »
   I had intended on going with Advance Mame but for some reason the Rage 128 Pro 2000 Graphic card would not give me a stable image on the CRT. I followed Bruno's VGA to Scart plan but I had an image going everywhere. Could it be the graphic card or was I doing something wrong in Dos. Well anyways, after numerous attempts I decided to get the damn thing done and installed a Video to PC converter. It worked fine but on the DK Crt that AV2 on the top right is sometimes annoying, does anyone know if there is a way I can get rid of it??? The CRT is a Sony Trinitron.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2014, 08:30:22 PM »
Usually that dissapears after some seconds on a normal tv afaik

Maybe in the service menu a option to disable the osd ?

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2014, 09:06:16 PM »
Usually that dissapears after some seconds on a normal tv afaik

Maybe in the service menu a option to disable the osd ?

The Samsung I have in the PM cab does disappear but, the Sony one doesn't. No matter how long it stays on it's still there. Another thing about it is when I shutdown the system the TV will not eventually shutoff on its own like the Samsung gradually does. I have to change the channel out of AV for it to shutoff on it's own. My neighbor gave me the TV without a remote, is there another way I can get into the service menu without one?

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2014, 02:53:08 AM »
Hi no expert on this matter, but constantly seeing the av logo and not willing to shutdown suggest that it is getting a constant steering signal that tells it that there is a 'new' av signal. Check which input always stays high or low and change this  ???

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2014, 08:02:49 PM »
Hi no expert on this matter, but constantly seeing the av logo and not willing to shutdown suggest that it is getting a constant steering signal that tells it that there is a 'new' av signal. Check which input always stays high or low and change this  ???

Thanks for your reply Laszo and excuse my delay. I've attached the program/volume/AV/ switch panel from the TV to the back side of the cabin where I can reach it to as an easier solution. I have no idea what the steering signal is and how to check it's input? I'm open to suggestions.