Author Topic: Finally I did it!..Completed my first project!  (Read 23493 times)

GoRetro74

• View Profile
Re: Finally I did it!..Completed my first project!
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 08:16:25 PM »
    The Boot screen I used in place of XP. Followed By MaLa front end.

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2014, 08:25:27 PM »
   Just Love a crt in a cab it fills it up just right. Great image even after 15 years of television. This always happens when I turn it on...My child's hands in control.

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2014, 08:33:34 PM »
     Under the cpo all wired up to an I-Pac2.

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2014, 08:39:25 PM »
    The side art. Too big for this cab so I sliced it in half Top half on the side and bottom half on the back door. The Previous T-Mold was metal and did not fall back into place so easy so I replaced it half way up to just under the cpo because the sides were added to hold the wider bezel.

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2014, 09:02:06 PM »
   Part 2...

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2014, 09:13:21 PM »
Amazing.

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2014, 09:31:42 PM »
   Thanks Ckong. I appreciate your kind jester. Friends and family are impressed and so was I, for someone who didn't even know how to swap a hard drive. I know I could do better but when your limited, It's Good! The kids love it so that's twice the joy for me.  I Also am fond of your work! You guys are great at what you do in here.  :)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2014, 10:16:23 PM »
Hey, there is the dustwasher on the joystick on DK, just like the original, nice detail

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2014, 10:59:27 AM »
Hey, there is the dustwasher on the joystick on DK, just like the original, nice detail

Thanks MacGyver! It was the first arcade I played. As many have said it is the sexiest arcade cab and as a child then it was eye boggling! I clearly remember most of the detail because 33 years ago I remember it and like many others that followed coming into the corner store my parents ran. I have to admit I did used to lift the bezel to reach in under the control panel with a straw to trigger the coins micro switch wire. :twisted: The duster on the control was an idea I got when I was throwing out some ridged binder dividers. With a compass and a pair of scissors I made it to how I remember it.

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2014, 11:09:52 AM »
   The first duster I made was from the left over plexi. But I didn't like it cause it turned out too small compared to the original. It was thicker too and not perfectly round. The bolts were hex headed, They were rotated on an electric drill and filled down on a file to give it a round shape. I couldn't find the bolts I wanted so I had to make them round myself. The leaf buttons I bought were also hard to come by in the colors the original DK were so I sanded them all and sprayed painted them. They turned out solid.  I also used the plexi that came from the control buttons I drilled in place of nuts to hold the buttons in place.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2014, 12:17:36 PM »
Dust washers belong under the CP, not on top of it.
Besides looking ugly it is a nuisance for your hands when playing.....I will never understand why people do this......nor will I inderstand why manufacturers made it like that. Original or not, no dust washers on my CP's :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 12:20:20 PM by Level42 »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2014, 12:42:15 PM »
I guess you already know: your cabs ar far from being perfect.

BUT....I really have a lot of respect for your work!! You took what you had or could find and made your dream come true without spending a lot of money. Well done, mate :)

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2014, 01:52:59 PM »
Dust washers belong under the CP, not on top of it.
Besides looking ugly it is a nuisance for your hands when playing.....I will never understand why people do this......nor will I inderstand why manufacturers made it like that. Original or not, no dust washers on my CP's :)

True as a kid I could not figure what it was for. I thought it made a great spinner and I still like spinning it. I kind of like it on the DK cpo, I guess cause it was the first one I saw. So every time I see one the DK cpo comes to mind. :)

GoRetro74

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2014, 01:57:28 PM »
I guess you already know: your cabs ar far from being perfect.

BUT....I really have a lot of respect for your work!! You took what you had or could find and made your dream come true without spending a lot of money. Well done, mate :)

Luigi Thanks A Lot! I respect your honesty man! It's like A Pioneer! It's my horse pulling wagon! It has it's class, just like some brides like being pulled up in a horse and carriage rather than a limo. I Love it cause I learned A Lot from it.  :) 

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2014, 07:46:24 PM »
Yea, great job.

Young skywalker, now that you have your 2 toys it's time to make the next step: realize that emulators are the dark side of the players...  ;D