Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
March 30, 2017, 10:49:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: TRON !!! : Road trip + Restoration WIP  (Read 36800 times)
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 08:58:25 PM »

Old thread, i know.

Question Bruno, do you still have the boardset somewhere ? (with Original roms).

I know somebody who is looking for a dump of the Original Zacc Roms (if there are ofcourse) or are they all midway roms ?

Did they ever do theyre own version, or was it all midway boards that they used in those zaccs ?

the zacc hyper olympics used the Original konami board AFAIK, and i think there where more zacc games that used OEM boards instead of custom zacc boards.

Damn... a TEN years topic  Grin

Yeah, I should have the original board that came with this cabinet, but I know the previous owner of the cabinet fixed the game while using parts from an other Tron pcb  (and possibly a black tiger PCB I if remembler well?! or black something, or tiger something???), but I should have all the original parts... somewhere Roll Eyes I'll keep this request in mind and let you know what I can find back.

Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2015, 12:08:14 PM »

Thanks !

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
synonym9
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 12:05:16 AM »

You need to look for a Zaccaria lower door, your tron is the rare Zaccaria version !
but i guess you already know that ?

Yes, I know it's a Zac' version, but I didn't know it was rare.
I will check the size and ask if one of our Zaccaria fans can help me to track that lower door  Cool

Which one is the more collectable one?

I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote Wink
Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2015, 05:09:11 PM »

Depends if youre a Zacc freak or not I guess......

Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 05:32:35 PM »

thats right, the zacc version is ofcourse more rare.

there are much more midways than zaccs in existence.

I don't think you will find the zacc version outside of europe.

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
synonym9
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2015, 06:50:13 PM »

Yes, it seems like the Z/Z/Z is more rare...although I like the profile shape of the Bally Midway far better, it got a unique shape and the symetrical shape is a feature no other machine got.
So in terms of copying the shape Zaccaria sucked the hard way.....

No idea why they made the back of the Z/Z/Z Tron straight down.

I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote Wink
Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2015, 10:24:59 PM »

uh, never noticed that, interesting  Tongue

I think the diagonal on the artwork makes it look like its the same shape.

also i never did a comparison by the way, i just assumed it was the same cabinet

synonym9
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2015, 10:53:49 PM »

In this Link the difference is very visible, just scroll a bit down:

http://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=26605.0

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: