Author Topic: DL on PC stops at the beginning with black screen  (Read 4439 times)

jimy_speedt

• View Profile
DL on PC stops at the beginning with black screen
« on: September 26, 2014, 10:54:01 PM »
Hi,

My first post on this forum is a question. I just received a DL Deluxe Pack containing DL - DL2 and Space Ace for Windows 95. I downloaded the codecs necessary to play the video scenes. When I start the game, I can see the introductory automatic sequences. When the time comes for the player to "act", the PC screen becomes black and the CD stops a little while after. The game does not go further.

I have a Windows 7 laptop with 4GB RAM (should be ok)

Does someone have an idea ?

Thank you in advance

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: DL on PC stops at the beginning with black screen
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 11:13:13 PM »
well, too bad you got the Deluxe Pack version, which is a quite old version by now  :?
The best version to use is this one : Dragon's Lair 20th Anniversary Edition - PC or even better, using that footage combined with the Daphne emulator...
Anyway, can't really help you about running a such old version made for W95 on Windows 7 I'm afraid. Maybe trying to start the game using the right button and select something like 'run on compatible mode' or something?

jimy_speedt

• View Profile
Re: DL on PC stops at the beginning with black screen
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 09:23:36 AM »
Hi DarthNuno,

Thank you for your welcome message and regarding this issue, I still have a XP laptop. I will try. I did not know that DL kept surviving after the golden period.

If no success, I will follow your recommendation.

:)