Author Topic: Refurbishing my Centipede  (Read 39936 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Refurbishing my Centipede
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2012, 09:11:13 PM »
Well, I did not start with it yet, too much other things to do. but one of these days I will get me a large sheet and then  will make an attempt.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2014, 07:26:13 PM »
One of these days is (again) almost two years later. Today it was time to install the CPO, that I bought years ago. I know that the colors are wrong for my European Centipede, but an European Centipede CPO is not available

And I also changed back the original bearings. The bearings that I got in the BOB Roberts package didn't do well for me, because

......The plusses on ordering from Bob:

- he greases and breaks in all the bearings himself before shipping. In fact, the grease smells so strong, I wonder that it always comes through customs (at least for me).

Bob probably forgot to grease my bearings and I don't have the correct grease in house. Fortunately the original bearings still work very well.

Last thing to do is replacing the black laminate on the frontpanel. I got a large sheet some time ago, so ... it should last another two years to complete this 'project'.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:42:46 PM by ckong »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2014, 09:59:58 PM »
Coincidentally, and I swear it's the truth, I had half an hour free before going to work this morning and I installed my new bearings and rollers from Bob Roberts while drinking my morning coffee.
They worked fine for me.
I'm still a bit scared about applying the CPO but I'll man up and do it in a few days.
Guess it was some sort of "Centipede Day" in Europe!
Anyway, good job, Erik!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 12:12:41 AM by chrischris »