Author Topic: T-molding for Zaccaria Scramble  (Read 15422 times)

Rory

• View Profile
T-molding for Zaccaria Scramble
« on: May 25, 2014, 12:24:58 PM »
Hi all,

this probably is the wrong area but....does anyone know what length of T-molding is required for each side of a Zaccaria Scramble? Also do you need to cut any of the groove away in parts? The shape of the cab suggests that it should just fit straight on but, I'm making my restoration up as I go along. I've no idea what I'm doing but that approach seems to be working so far. I would just measure it but I've loaned my bag of tools to and tape measure to a friend for the next wk or so.
I assume 20ft per side roughly? And, I am looking to run the t-mold all the way around each side.

Thanks in advance.

Rory.

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
Re: T-molding for Zaccaria Scramble
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 01:43:42 PM »
Hi all,

this probably is the wrong area but....does anyone know what length of T-molding is required for each side of a Zaccaria Scramble? Also do you need to cut any of the groove away in parts? The shape of the cab suggests that it should just fit straight on but, I'm making my restoration up as I go along. I've no idea what I'm doing but that approach seems to be working so far. I would just measure it but I've loaned my bag of tools to and tape measure to a friend for the next wk or so.
I assume 20ft per side roughly? And, I am looking to run the t-mold all the way around each side.

Thanks in advance.

Rory.

Did you find a source that can supply the zacc t-molding???

Rory

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 06:20:12 PM »
Yes, I've found a chrome style t-molding, it's very similar to the old stuff I peeled off. Any idea on how much is required?

Thanks,

Rory.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 06:40:25 PM »
Yes, I've found a chrome style t-molding, it's very similar to the old stuff I peeled off. Any idea on how much is required?

Thanks,

Rory.

Usually 20 feet is shipped for upright machines in the US, so I bet that is surely enough for the (smaller) sized Zaccs....don't blame me if Im wrong though, don't have one.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 10:27:27 PM »
I wanna see that T moulding, because i cannot believe you found a source.

Normally the only Tmoulding around,  is that Ghetto Chrome stuff, wich is not what i want to see on my zaccs..

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 12:03:20 AM »

Normally the only Tmoulding around,  is that Ghetto Chrome stuff, wich is not what i want to see on my zaccs..

Mine are not chrome but more combed bronze.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 10:05:07 AM »

+1

Rory

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 11:02:39 AM »

Thanks Level42,

I did some research and 20ft seems to be correct. They say to get 1ft more than you need to be 100% sure.

Rory.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 06:07:35 PM »
http://www.tapeease.com/metallic2.htm

?

Says THE FOLLOWING MOLDINGS ARE AVAILABLE ONLY IN
POLISHED BRASS & POLISHED CHROME, BRUSHED BRASS & BRUSHED CHROME

Wow thats great, that company is from Denmark !!

Not so great: it's A town called Denmark in Wisconsin....... ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:15:34 PM by Level42 »

Rory

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 07:16:45 PM »
This was the t-molding that I was looking at. I haven't got too in depth as I've still got a mountain of work to do on the cab. It will be the last thing I get once it's all shiny and finished. There is quite a few places that do an aluminium or brushed chrome style that looks like the original one. Whether they're good enough for the real fussy t-mold snobs is another story though. It's my first cab and I'd rather go for something like this than have no t-mold. The original stuff on my cab had rotted away.

http://www.teardroptrailers.net/8_foot_T_shaped_aluminum_p/al-t.htm

Rory.

Rory

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 07:19:51 PM »
Actually, that's the wrong link. I'll dig it out and post it when I've found it. It's the same effect of but it's 3/4".

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 08:57:37 PM »
That brushed looks like what we need, i never saw that before somewhere for sale

with ghetto chrome i was reffering to this stuff:

which is wrong in every way IMHO  :D

this is the cabinet from the pic, also very wrong by the way  ;D

« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:59:15 PM by Etienne MacGyver »

Rory

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 09:49:44 PM »
That's very shiny, a bit too bling for my tastes  :D
Is the t-mold for a Zacc scramble 3/4inch thickness? I can do some more definitive research if I know that. I think you have to avoid the usual arcade suppliers, it seems they all have the same stock for t-mold.

Rory.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 10:18:12 PM »
I don't think an Italian factory used American sized panels....  but again, I am not the expert here :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2014, 10:19:06 PM »
This was the t-molding that I was looking at. I haven't got too in depth as I've still got a mountain of work to do on the cab. It will be the last thing I get once it's all shiny and finished. There is quite a few places that do an aluminium or brushed chrome style that looks like the original one. Whether they're good enough for the real fussy t-mold snobs is another story though. It's my first cab and I'd rather go for something like this than have no t-mold. The original stuff on my cab had rotted away.

http://www.teardroptrailers.net/8_foot_T_shaped_aluminum_p/al-t.htm

Rory.

By the way, this stuff looks like a solid aluminium T-profile....that's not vinyl, that's a solid metal bar ....how are you going to bend that around your machine ?
Also it doesn't have barbs like normal T-molding has to keep it in the groove...

Oh, and isn't there a treatment for that gettho T-molding to make it look brushed ? Mr. McGyver....you disappoint me ;) ;) ;) :D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:22:22 PM by Level42 »