Author Topic: >>> Retro Game Experience/Eurocade 2014 <<<  (Read 247319 times)

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: >>> Retro Game Experience/Eurocade 2014 <<<
« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2014, 01:09:20 PM »
done :D thank you guys

Vond

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2014, 01:18:37 PM »
My experience to reserve the hotel room also didn't go as smoothly as expected:

Basically the number you call to make the reservation (as posted on their site) handles the reservations for the whole hotel chain.
Note: They did NOT have access to see the rooms already reserved for the Eurocade (and told me they were fully booked!)
so I ended up calling with the hotel directly, from that point on it was no problem once I mentioned the Eurocade.

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 05, 2014, 03:09:25 PM »
j%^&$R >:(!   Always the same, when i need time i don't get it, this week was full of other shit things so i haven't had time to even screw the missing screws back in because i need to buy them still.

And seeing the other cabs all wrapped up for transport i remembered i don't have wrapping at home and need to buy those asswell but don't have the time to do so. The shop that has those wrapping in big bulk that anunaki told me is in another town. Can't get away from work before it's closed. F*ck!

Do you have to wrapp the cabs? When i got my outruns they weren't wrapped or had anything to protect them.

As you can see i'm not used to do these kind of things, i'm way over my head time/organise wise with this, SORRY guys! :oops:

Hopefully i can get the needed screws and find a temporary lock because i miss one in one of the machines. Also remembered as i checked the keys that i don't have one key for the bottom part of one of the machines! so hopefully it's not needed else it needs to be drilled out.

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 05, 2014, 03:18:43 PM »
Don't worry, ReBoot...we won't wrap the cabs before we load them into the car. Of course we will use blankets and stuff so the 'signs of age' don't get worse ;)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 05, 2014, 03:35:19 PM »
4 cabs and one cocktail wrapped and loaded in the van:
OutRun
Boot Hill
Kung-Fu Master
Frogger
Crazy Climber (cocktail)

Still working on the Space Zap cocktail (damn Midway Molex)
  :arrow: I'll bring it with my car on Friday.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:44:12 PM by chrischris »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2014, 03:39:08 PM »
Do you have to wrapp the cabs? When i got my outruns they weren't wrapped or had anything to protect them.

Yes, would be better because the cabs will be moved quite a lot in different stages before they are on place, and the same goes for the return route. And we don't want to take the risk of damages. It would be ideal if the games are wrapped when we collect them, we don't want to waste time protecting cabs tomorrow. Therefore protect at least the fragile parts.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:41:21 PM by ckong »

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2014, 03:44:52 PM »
Don't worry, ReBoot...we won't wrap the cabs before we load them into the car. Of course we will use blankets and stuff so the 'signs of age' don't get worse ;)

But that's the problem, the guys from Eurocade are going to get the outruns tomorrow if i'm not mistaken, so only tonight i can do a bit on it to get it ready, hopefully, just the bare minimum: screws and a lock and a littlebit of cleaning.
Hopefully not overseen other important stuff, like not having new screws or a lock. That was a stupid oversight of me.

Won't touch the main pcb for the dipswitches for freeplay, to scared to mess the working one up for eurocade, although it seems pretty easy to do. Let the pro's do it so it won't go wrong.  :)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2014, 03:49:42 PM »
OK, ladies and gentlemen, here we go again. Please welcome some of the stars of next week's show:

"Oh, and what about me?"

Believe it or not, CS has been a guest at my place since last year's Eurocade, wrapped and all. But those days are almost gone, she will shine once again at Eurocade 2014, but then she will definitely have to say bye bye.

And Pac-Man looks especially happy because ......

.... yes, he got a transplantation. The old monitor was carefully removed for a 'brandnew' WG 19K7302. And that shows!  :D

OK, wrapping finished, alien cabs in the wild:

I will get a big van in an hour or so, load the cabs and then drive to the Arcade Capital of The Netherlands.  ;D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 05, 2014, 03:52:19 PM »

Yes, would be better because the cabs will be moved quite a lot in different stages before they are on place, and the same goes for the return route. And we don't want to take the risk of damages. It would be ideal if the games are wrapped when we collect them, we don't want to waste time protecting cabs tomorrow. Therefore protect at least the fragile parts.

Psst. don't tell this to anyone, but we will bring some bubble wrap with us, especially for you, and only for you!   :)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2014, 03:56:45 PM »
We prepared the games for the trip (...) ours have some 'serious' signs of age  :-\
It's called cabs with soul and it's just the way I like them!
 :spaceace:

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2014, 04:03:49 PM »

I have some cardboard and those green plates that you put under a floor laying around. Can those be used for protection or is bubblewrap plastic the only way to go?

What time are you guys swing by? Maybe i can get bubblewrap (or is it something else) tomorrow before you guys come by.

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2014, 04:06:51 PM »

Psst. don't tell this to anyone, but we will bring some bubble wrap with us, especially for you, and only for you!   :)

Thanks a million  :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #252 on: September 06, 2014, 12:20:26 PM »
Guys....transports full in progress.....for the latest pictures like the Eurocade facebook page !!!!

https://www.facebook.com/Eurocade

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 06, 2014, 06:50:50 PM »
Space Zap is... alive!!

Robinholland

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 06, 2014, 07:17:43 PM »