Author Topic: >>> Retro Game Experience/Eurocade 2014 <<<  (Read 246734 times)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Re: >>> Retro Game Experience/Eurocade 2014 <<<
« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2014, 05:07:05 PM »
Have I got an update for you guys...........I am very proud about it:

We will have THIS at RGE/Eurocade 2014:

Big thanks to Reboot for this !!!!

oh yeahhhh!!! great news!

Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 26, 2014, 05:56:32 PM »
I might have a suitable 25". I have a polo in my mk2. But I also have a spare 25" k7000a

Let me know if one if these are good

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #182 on: August 26, 2014, 09:35:24 PM »
That would be great Patrick, let's see if it would be easy to swap it, we have to wait Reboot's answer about that (preferably in his thread about the restoration of those two awesome machines.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2014, 02:39:11 PM »
Dear friends, a little practical update:

We have reached 50 entries for the VIP list.This includes everybody who is volunteer, "cab-bringer", crew member, guest etc.

Those who have asked to be on the VIP list are on there right now.

However, the maximum number of VIPs is 70 people.
If you have not yet communicated about coming over/being on the VIP list (especially the Eurocade visitors of the first years) please let me know ASAP, at LEAST WITHIN 5 days from now !!

After that we will CLOSE the VIP list. This is because we must know the number of people joining in for the evening meal.

The meal costs will be €12,50 and includes 1 drink during the meal for those who do not bring a cab. The meal will be held INSIDE the Sound & Vision building, so we will not have to search for a place to eat or have any reservation problems etc. etc. AND after the meal we can quickly go to play the games and have a drink at the bar ;)

I will PM all people on the VIP list with the details, but I need to know who will join the meal and who will not.
Again, if you bring at least one cab you are already on the meal list and do not have to pay for it so you have to eat if you like it or not  ;D ;D ;D

I am going to assume that everybody would like to join in, IMHO it was a fun part of the first Eurocades  but again, please let me know and answer the PM I will send you.

ALSO:

Can everyone who is bringing cabs by their own transport when the expect to arrive ?
We're not pinning you down on a time, but we'd like to plan ahead as much as possible.

Remember, RGE/Eurocade 2014 is THREE days this year, so the Friday we are already up and running. Preferably we'd have the machines arriving on thursday, but of course it is up to you guys bringing the cabs and how it fits in your time planning, so no worries if it will be the friday f.i.
Also, if you plan to leave earlier than sunday afternoon, please indicate so, but we'd prefer to keep the machines up there until the end of the day of course, for both the visitors and practical reasons.

Thanks my friends.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:54:55 PM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2014, 03:55:53 PM »
Oops, I mixed up a bit....we need to know 10 days AHEAD of the event about the VIPs, so you only have 5 days left to let me know !!!

Corrected the message above...

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2014, 08:32:11 AM »
Count me in for the meal! :)

Seriously, we (Dirk and I) discussed about driving on Friday so don't have to start early in Saturday morning and the games are in place when the gates open on Saturday. But now you already open on Friday and we would have to start our trip on Thursday...I'm afraid we will need a whole week off work for the Eurocade/RGE ;)

We will arrive Friday evening...I guess somewhere between 18:00 and 19:00. I also guess that the doors will be closed for the public at this time so we can bring the games in?

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 28, 2014, 09:00:56 AM »

We will arrive Friday evening...I guess somewhere between 18:00 and 19:00. I also guess that the doors will be closed for the public at this time so we can bring the games in?

That's right, please park you car in the same spot as last year and we will help you unload the cabinets.  :)
Looking forward seeing you guys!

atarimania

• View Profile
    • Atarimania
« Reply #187 on: August 28, 2014, 09:34:05 AM »
Count me in for the meal too :) With Zamoth and Bat968   8)
Have You Played Atari Today ?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2014, 03:08:02 PM »
Thanks guys !

This was just delivered guys.....and this time I -did- do a preview :)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2014, 03:10:06 PM »
and? Worth spending the time? :)

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 28, 2014, 03:11:07 PM »
are there any pacman interruptions?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #191 on: August 28, 2014, 03:24:30 PM »
No thankfully no Pac Man interruptions..... ;D

I really like the movie. Sean Tiedemann, the director sent me a preliminary Blu-Ray copy which isn't even out yet. The picture quality is awesome.

The movie is really professionally done, keeps a good pace and covers all the aspects of our hobby really well. I also loved seeing Eugene Jarvis in it.

Richie is a colorful guy, from a European view probably a "typical" American Rock and Roll guy, but the movie makes very clear he is one of us.....a man with a deep passion for classic arcade videogames, who loves to restore them and above all loves to share his passion. I really like how that is portrayed in the movie.

Naturally, this year we won't have a screening on the Saturday evening, but I sure recommend you guys to go to one of the regular screenings, after all there is plenty of time during the weekend and I think you'll like it.

But of course, you'll have to watch it to make your own decision :)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 28, 2014, 03:36:31 PM »
 :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 28, 2014, 03:41:02 PM »
well, probably sunday will be a very good time to lay back and watch a movie ::)

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2014, 01:36:57 AM »
As you already know Andre, I won't be at the meal because of work so someone else can take my place  :)