Author Topic: Pac-Man Blue..  (Read 5631 times)

Dex-Jay

• View Profile
Pac-Man Blue..
« on: May 12, 2014, 02:09:20 PM »
Hi all,
Having just painted my Pac-Man in Yellow (yes it took 2 attempts to get the right colour!) I'll soon ready for the blue!

Can anyone give me a Pantone Code for the blue? I have searched the internet for hours and have got PPG codes that the guy I spoke to at PPG said - nope! American Paint Codes which are also no help... an Automotive Paint Name would be ideal.

Anyone out there help? Don't make me start guessing colours!  :o

Thanks!!
Rich ;)

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: Pac-Man Blue..
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 03:03:06 PM »
I think they can convert american paint numbers in a paint mixing computer. They usually have color system information from many paint swatch systems.

Dex-Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 05:07:40 PM »
I don't have a reliable US codes either! Not ideal but the closest I've got is with photo's I've taken, Imported with Photoshop, use a dropper tool to get a RGB / CNYK code and find a Pantone equivalent...

Not ideal, but hopefully this will get me close-ish....  :)

Anyone got any Pantone Chips and an unpainted Pac-Man (or one in the right colours) for me?

Thanks!!  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 05:26:12 PM »
Do like Bruno, bring cab to paint store and let them scan or swatch match the color, preferably a part that was never touched by sun :)

Not alone will you get a pretty close paint, but we will also laugh out loud when seeing the pictures of that venture....:)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 05:49:16 PM »
IIRC SuperUlly did a restore with stencils in the past, perhaps he has the "Euro" codes ?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 05:57:29 PM »
sorry, i don't have the codes, because i got the paints from a guy in england. can't remember his name though ...  :(
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Dex-Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 07:56:38 PM »
I've already stripped, primed and painted it in yellow you see...
Justin was it Super? Still got those cans? Some UK or European Codes would be great!

Like I say, unless someone has some Pantone Colour Chips and a Pac they can compare it to!

;D

Dex-Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 09:59:56 PM »
Pantone Code for the blue?

Anyone?  ???