Author Topic: Galaxian 3 videos on Youtube being blocked  (Read 7174 times)

Zeether

• Roger, out.
    • View Profile
Galaxian 3 videos on Youtube being blocked
« on: August 01, 2016, 06:02:53 PM »
This is just a sort of PSA, but ever since Youtube introduced its "Red" subscription service last year several Japanese companies did not get on board with it and as a result of their terms certain videos containing music licensed by those companies are blocked in the US. Unfortunately this also includes several Namco titles, because Victor Entertainment produced the soundtrack CDs for them, and as a result videos of the Galaxian 3 Laserdisc on Youtube are blocked as well.  :?

The only way to get around this as far as I can tell is using a proxy or VPN service and selecting a European server (or Japanese) because Victor has only blocked the videos in the US. I think it might be possible for the video owners to dispute the copyright too since the blocking is done by a bot, but it seems like Retro Reality (one of the users that uploaded the Galaxian 3 LD along with a few other Namco LDs) has been unable to get it working.

Should also mention this only affects uploads of the game soundtracks and the LD and not stuff like recordings of the game (like the ones of GH-28 and GT-6). It seems like emulator footage is subject to it because a few folks I know have had to be careful when uploading videos of certain Namco arcade titles due to Victor's bot algorithm coming across it and blocking it due to the fact that they simply released the soundtrack on CD at one point...quite preposterous.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:04:54 PM by Zeether »

Toykyle

• We saved GT-6. Now it's time to save GH-16 & GH-28
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxian 3 videos on Youtube being blocked
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 11:18:19 PM »
I've found out about it before. It's irritating to say the least.

Video Man

• I've always wanted a thing called Tuna Sashimi.
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxian 3 videos on Youtube being blocked
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 05:05:58 AM »
Victor lifted most of the blocked videos and so far hasn't blocked anything else.
We can finally upload Namco soundtracks in peace. :P
I really wish Namco would bring back Wonder Eggs. With Pac-Man carousals.