Author Topic: Dragon's lair project,  (Read 7539 times)

doberman

• View Profile
Dragon's lair project,
« on: April 01, 2014, 11:31:48 PM »
I'm building a dedicated Dragon's lair cabinet using Daphne. I have the game running on my computer but haven't been able to get instant sheller to work. Do I need a frontend to run it?  I don't need anything fancy, just DL to boot up on powerup and to hide window start up screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Doberman

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon's lair project,
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 08:12:41 AM »
good luck with your project(comma)!

but WHO ARE YOU? a short introduction would be nice - as always ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 12:03:16 PM »
Hi Doberman,

If I understand well, you want Daphne to start automatically when you boot your computer?
If so, there is an option in Daphne to show the 'command line' used to run the game following the options selected in the Daphne GUI. Just check that option, copy/paste that full command line into the autoexec.bat file and there it is.
To hide the windows XP boot screen, just google 'Disable the Windows XP Startup Screen', there are few solutions to do that:::

Do not hesitate to post pictures of your project, and a short introduction about yourself  8)

doberman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 03:41:01 PM »
I'm a 49 y/o Fire Fighter living in Florida. I've taught myself how to repair pinball machines and currently have 7. I refurbished a Mario Bros machine and now want to build a Dragon's lair.
  So does anyone have any ideas where I can get a control panel, marquee plexi and brackets?

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 11:27:02 PM »

What happened to that project?

I am not sure if Dragons Lair uses a Plexi with artwork behind it. My Space Ace (which should be the same) seems to have the print outside...but I have to double check upon that.

As for the construction:

Do you have measurements?

I can give you the dimensions of my Space Ace if DL and SP have the same cab (what I think).

I could create a Solidworks-model for you which you could send to a CNC-Carpenter.
You would get the cabinet as a puzzle, I made some cabinets before as you see in the attachment.
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 11:28:11 PM »
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)