Author Topic: Palitoy / Tomy Pocketeers and collecting  (Read 2856 times)

Ianski

• View Profile
Palitoy / Tomy Pocketeers and collecting
« on: March 19, 2014, 08:22:08 PM »
Hopefully these toys are allowed in this forum...

I don't know whether these games were generally available or popular in other parts of Europe, (I know they did Italian, US & Japanese ones) but in the UK, Pocketeers were all the rage before hand held electronic games like Game & Watch were invented.
I got into collecting these ages ago and I have now manged to get the complete collection all boxed. It took me 10 YEARS of constant searching to get them all.
If you've ever been interested in these you'll probably have seen this site: http://www.masters.me.uk/pocketeers/completelist-pocketeers.htm
I'll post up some photos of my collection when I find the pictures I took of them.

It looks like some of you guys have been collecting video games for a long time too, I'd be interested to know how long it took some of you to get hold of your grails, or even your first dream cab.
I'm only just starting to try and get a couple of my favorite arcade games and I've already missed out on a few. Do you find getting hold of the things you want particularly difficult considering so many people are looking for classic games now?