Author Topic: FS: Rare early Gorf plus other stuff  (Read 2174 times)

Ianski

• View Profile
FS: Rare early Gorf plus other stuff
« on: March 12, 2014, 09:18:14 PM »
Hi all! My first "decent" post hopefully :)

First of all I am not the seller of these machines nor could I endorse the seller or get a commission, but I thought I'd post these up in case anyone is interested in them. I am new to the forum so forgive me if this isn't recommended or anything, please let me know if this is the case / remove the post etc.

I got speaking to an ebay seller regarding a machine he had, I am in the UK and I was wondering about the logistics of getting a cab from the US. Chuckie egg from the forum here gave me details of someone who might be able to help but I haven't followed up on this yet (thanks Chuckie egg though).

Anyway the seller mentioned to me he had a rare Gorf - I seem to remember seeing one of the pictures of it online before, but he sent me some photos of it.
It is stamped with serial number 116, has stenciled side art plus a second speaker over the CP, maybe some of you have come across this machine before?
The seller is starting at $1500 and accepting offers, plus he sent me this list of other stuff he has for sale not listed on ebay or other auction sites yet:

Pacman (will be restenciling the graphics soon)
Gorf with rare stenciled side art and second speaker above control panel (works just needs sound connector repinned before sale)(not restoring cabinet to save its patina since its so rare)
Gorf with side art (will be restoring cabinet soon, will have rebuilt monitor and sound board)
Mortal Kombat II (works great, looks great..on ebay now)
Mortal Kombat I (works great. I just have to restore the cab with ne cabinet decals. Full restore)
Cruis'n USA sitdown (working)( Monitor has been rebuilt as well as steering pot replaced)
Cruis'n USA sitdown (working game. repairing monitor right now)(new steering pot installed)
Marvel vs Capcom cps2 game in dynamo hs-5 cabinet (works. has new cpo and marquee)
Williams Gorgar Pinball (works, mpu and driver board rebuilt as well as power supply and sound board capacitors replaced)
Williams Gorgar Pinball (being worked on, will have same things fixed as the first one)
Omega Race ( I have a reproduction motherboard that I need to build for it)( will have full restore)
Williams Stargate ( needs repair finished)

He also said he can also get hold of a Dragon's Lair 2 for $2500.

Lastly he mentioned he was going to an operator's warehouse soon, and if anyone has specific requests for items he could try and source them.

If anyone is interested in any of these I'll pass his details on to you, please PM me. As I said I'm not involved in the sale in any way just passing on information.
Interestingly though the seller has a large amount of storage space in New York and could hold on to items if they were paid for, he doesn't offer any shipping services though.
If you guys were thinking about doing another ship from the US perhaps these this might be of interest to you (and maybe you could let me know too!)

Well there you go, hope this info is of use to someone or if not then something interesting to check out.

(I haven't worked out how to upload images yet, presumably I need to have them hosted somewhere and input the URL within the image tags?)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: FS: Rare early Gorf plus other stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 09:49:02 PM »
Hello Ianski,

No problem for this first "decent" post  ;)
For pictures, you can attach few of them directly on this topic (see the 'additional options on your new topic), otherwise yes, you'll have to host them somewhere.

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 10:13:07 AM »
Hi Ianski.

Well, if he has storage in New York, he might want to contact Love as he will organize more containers in the future and Hagerstown is not that far from New York :)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 12:02:47 PM »
Hi Ianski.

Well, if he has storage in New York, he might want to contact Love as he will organize more containers in the future and Hagerstown is not that far from New York :)

yeah baby.. this sounds like a good plan! :)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Ianski

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 08:29:58 PM »
Okay got my flickr account sorted, but I still can't preview any images I add either by tags or attachment to the post, so if you are interested they are on my photostream.
I'm sure you will have seen this older Gorf online before, looks like it was bought in an auction in 2001 for cheap as some point, although all the games on that auction were cheap compared to today :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/94027818@N02/

That's a very unusual monitor arrangement - looks like a small LCD screen, notice the tiny back bubble!
I like the 2nd speaker under the CP, that would sound particularly good if just the speech was output through it...

I have pm'ed Love as advised showing this thread.

Cheers,
Ian.

Bomjac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 09:17:10 AM »
There is a Gorf up on klov at the moment, saying they will accept 425$.  Doesn't say whether its working or not.