Author Topic: Unknown Zacc found:Guttang Gottong  (Read 16075 times)

PaulSwan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • ZZZ
    • View Profile
    • The Zaccaria WWW Site
Re: Unknown Zacc found:Guttang Gottong
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 02:25:19 AM »
Konami more than likely sold it to anyone who would buy it. I'm not sure Konami did that many exclusive licenses Europe-wide.
Paul.
ZZZ

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 08:41:37 AM »
Is the story behind this collection known and what happened to it? I'm pretty sure that the Centipede and the Frogger I own are from this collection, the DDay for sure is from this collection. Is the rest also within this community?

Let me add a little more spice to this story.

The former collection that Thwocker bought (well part of it) does indeed mention a Guttang Gottang.....but not by Zaccaria but by.......Olympia.licensed from Konami !

So this even gets more interesting.....did Konami really license it to TWO European companies (I believe Olympia was Italian too ?) It doesn't really make sense....so who was the bootlegger this time ?! :)

You can see a part of the collection here still, (see that yellow Computer Space, that's Thwocker's and the one featured at RGE/Eurocade 2013):
https://perswww.kuleuven.be/~u0008708/museum.htm

I have also seen a good number of those machines at Thwocker's (including Berzerk,Kickman, first time I ever saw those, and Sente's Snake Pit !!!)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 11:32:35 AM »
Thwocker can answer that question. I do know that (regretfully) the prototype Defender went to the UK.......

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 01:04:22 AM »
not to derail this thread, but... the collection is all over the place. I sold 90% of the collection, the rest is still in my possession. Some high (and low) lights:

• I bought around 90 cabinets from the Toy Museum. About half of them were sold straight away to a German reseller. He never paid in full for what he got. I took legal action, but remained empty handed; the guy filed for bankruptcy
  • The Defender prototype was traded for a regular Defender by the former owner, the prototype was not a part of the collection I bought. The regular Defender is still in my house today. it's in great condition, but being a total pain in the @ss, as it insists on breaking down all the time...
  • The yellow Computer Space is indeed still in my collection. It had a Ms Pac Man game hacked into it. It's been partly restored with original (boards and control panel), reproduction (control panel overlay) and replacement items (the tv) and the help of André and Sijmen (MrAtari); the characteristic ashtray is still there.
  • All European 'pirate' cabs were sold, I had no love at the time for Zaccaria en Olympia cabs... sorry about my ignorance, guys
  • The Sente Snake Pit was... disassembled and shipped to the US. It was restored to its full glory by a very happy collector. I had little idea of its rarity, but ended up getting a ood price for it

Cheers, Marco
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

PaulSwan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • ZZZ
    • View Profile
    • The Zaccaria WWW Site
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 01:48:41 AM »
Ahem, AFAIK most of the Zaccaria editions were licensed rather than 'pirate' ;)
ZZZ

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 07:22:23 AM »
We know....now :)

I know who got the Defender proto in the UK. (Another long amazing story showing how small the European collecting scene is and between hearing the story from Thwocker and the story from the buyer was at least 3 years or so :))

I've got the fixing stuff for the TV in the Computer Space Marco !! We really need to get that baby 100% :)

I saw the Sente Snake Pit and thought it was dead-ugly. It was very early in my collecting days when I visited Marco. The Konami GT cockpit was what I picked up and uhmmm....that machine did not survive  :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

For the Defender: buy a JROK Williams FPGA board and you'll have a rock-solid game (as long as the monitor is solid) !!!!

Sorry for more derailing Béla :S

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 10:14:42 PM »
Wow, that's pure awesomeness....congrats, Béla!! :) :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 12:58:38 AM »
I think that German fraudulent buyer is well known here.......

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 08:55:22 AM »

**********Start derailing sorry************

@ I picked them up at a Marco in Hengelo.... That's you ??  :)

not to derail this thread, but... the collection is all over the place. I sold 90% of the collection, the rest is still in my possession. Some high (and low) lights:

• I bought around 90 cabinets from the Toy Museum. About half of them were sold straight away to a German reseller. He never paid in full for what he got. I took legal action, but remained empty handed; the guy filed for bankruptcy
  • The Defender prototype was traded for a regular Defender by the former owner, the prototype was not a part of the collection I bought. The regular Defender is still in my house today. it's in great condition, but being a total pain in the @ss, as it insists on breaking down all the time...
  • The yellow Computer Space is indeed still in my collection. It had a Ms Pac Man game hacked into it. It's been partly restored with original (boards and control panel), reproduction (control panel overlay) and replacement items (the tv) and the help of André and Sijmen (MrAtari); the characteristic ashtray is still there.
  • All European 'pirate' cabs were sold, I had no love at the time for Zaccaria en Olympia cabs... sorry about my ignorance, guys
  • The Sente Snake Pit was... disassembled and shipped to the US. It was restored to its full glory by a very happy collector. I had little idea of its rarity, but ended up getting a ood price for it

Cheers, Marco

********** end derailing*******

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 09:17:45 AM »
Yes that's Thwocker :)

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 02:57:54 PM »
guilty as charged!
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 04:37:19 PM »
Had some time to solve the puzzle :D

The pieces I found are from the same area

I also have this ugly Alf sticker on the marquee and it was on my Scorpion cab too

The red star was rather orange in this version

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 05:04:28 PM »
LOL !  :D

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 06:18:06 PM »
It's a shame that US seller didn't just ship the entire Snake Pit over to the US rather than ship the parts. It was one of only 2 left in existence  :?

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 06:40:52 PM »
Anyone know who got the Sega Head On?