Author Topic: DATA EAST KARATE CHAMP SCRATCH BUILD, YOU CAN ORDER IT AS WELL AS OTHER CABINETS  (Read 32520 times)

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
It's pretty doable getting these Nintendo cabs if you contact love ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
I think he's more "one of the guys that want to see the final product before they buy it blindly".
Which is a legit request from a customer, regardless of the product he's buying.

Nobody should buy a unseen product...thats my opinion as well.

But its a little to early to order, I just wanted to announce the project.

We are going to build the first prototyp over christmas.....we wanted to do a Karate Champ, but since we have the tempest almost finished you guys can choose with cabinet you want to see, the Karate Champ or the Tempest, but I am almost sure it will be the Tempest  ;D

As for the statement a CAD-File is not the same as building the cabinet, it IS the same. You create different parts and build them together. Trust me, we do it long enough to know what we do.

I told, my partner produces prototypes for all sorts of industries, even for BMW. If you still think a wooden cabinet will challange such a company I wont argue, just wait for the pictures  ;D
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
It's pretty doable getting these Nintendo cabs if you contact love ;)

Love?

I guess its a board member?  ???
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Yes he is

Sjaak

• View Profile
I told, my partner produces prototypes for all sorts of industries, even for BMW. If you still think a wooden cabinet will challange such a company I wont argue, just wait for the pictures  ;D

Can you maybe post a picture when you start (panel of wood on cnc) and then when you finish (complete wooden cabinet). That way you can show everyone it only takes a couple of hours to create the cabinet.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile

Can you maybe post a picture when you start (panel of wood on cnc) and then when you finish (complete wooden cabinet). That way you can show everyone it only takes a couple of hours to create the cabinet.

Sir, no problem. We are going to show everything. It would'nt be possible to work much longer on the sodden cabinet itself for commercial production, they have many other projects that bring a lot more money so there is no chance to spend some days only for the empty shell. :)

Sjaak

• View Profile
We are going to build the first prototyp over christmas.....

And then you started playing games on it and forgot to post the pictures  ;)

Sjaak

• View Profile
Any news yet about the cabinets?

nilfisk

• View Profile
I got word via their FB page that the project got cancelled, both to one of the two partners being scared away by initial feedback, and the fact that the other guy didn't want to cope with the whole workload himself. So no new repro cabs, it seems.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
I got word via their FB page that the project got cancelled, both to one of the two partners being scared away by initial feedback, and the fact that the other guy didn't want to cope with the whole workload himself. So no new repro cabs, it seems.

somehow i was afraid that exactely this would happen.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
The whole project was a total mess without any sense from the first word. :P

Nic-fryer

• View Profile
This tread needs to have some clear marking in the beginning saying it's cancelled. I was starting to get excited. :(
- BLANK -

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
the way this was handled and the way they interacted with people, this was destined to fail!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
the way this was handled and the way they interacted with people, this was destined to fail!!!

very true. i had no fate at all in the project.
even the cab was not what I would have chosen to start with.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile

Nope, it was not.

I told my partner that I am not going to advertize it in the forums as the members cost me the last nerv.

All that useless postings now....it was a mess from the beginning and all that.....

Who have so much insight to say that and who knows about such a business??? To have some cabs and to restore them got nothing to do with mass production...and I repeat saying that from the beginning, so please, leave me alone with your opinion.

It was planned from the beginning from the start that I draw the cabinets and my partner advertize them, since he did not do anything I told him I am out but I still have and make drawings. I still can offer small quantities of cabinets like for Nilfisk or other guys that was polite from the start.

I make enough money not to depend on that project, it was a hobby project for him and me...but not so much fun that I make everything alone.

The Karate Champ is ready and the first cabinet for my friend will be done soon, and in the next time I am going to finish the Tempest.
Others will follow and I will make some for the polite people in the forum.