Author Topic: Roadtrip & resto: Space Invaders Part II Cocktail  (Read 12227 times)

Sphere

• View Profile
    • Arcade Universe -> Find arcades
Re: Roadtrip & resto: Space Invaders Part II Cocktail
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 07:47:59 PM »
Hehe well I do understand that discharging only needs to be done as a necessity I just didn't realise that the cocktail monitor has a frame that holds the chassis as well. I didn't realise nor see a frame but on the other hand I was not looking for one as I wasn't expecting one. This is truly inexperience from my side. I will check whether it has a frame or not. ;D

Sphere

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 08:12:11 PM »
Hm, it doesn't seem to have a frame. Not sure whether this is original or not, the assembly guide from taito does not show me anything about the chassis (or I'm not seeing it). What I have seen so far is that the chassis is mounted on the bottom of the cab. I'll see if I can make some room to further investigate.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 08:23:17 PM »
Looking at the pics again I think you're right. The tube seems to be installed on jus the two supports and the PCB is probably not fixed to it.

So no frame and then indeed....you should discharge it. You described a way that most guys use, the biggest risk is touching the metal of the screwdriver....

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 09:50:13 PM »
Indeed, it looks like there is no frame..  Weird

I would expect a frame, like in my old dk table:

Anyway, just discharge like any other monitor

Sphere

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2013, 09:47:27 AM »
Hm.. okay well I removed some metal sheet under the PCB in order to see what is under the screen and indeed there is no frame that holds the chassis. I suppose that that could be done nevertheless. There is a different problem now because after I have closed everyting up and connected the PCB it seems that the monitor was working properly but the games was not connect properly. After turning off the cocktail, re-adjusting the pcb to the loom and turning the cocktail back on the screen doesn't turn on anymore. :-\

Not sure what it is. It seems that cocktail is receiving power as the fan (a quite old and loud fan :D) is turning but the monitor is not powering up. I have checked the visible fuses and these seem to be in check but I have not checked any of the fuses on the chassis. I suppose this is going to be a bigger restoration than I thought ;D