Author Topic: Xevious CGI 2002 movie  (Read 3331 times)

Toykyle

• We saved GT-6. Now it's time to save GH-16 & GH-28
    • View Profile
Xevious CGI 2002 movie
« on: December 08, 2013, 03:12:45 AM »
Idk If there's already a topic about this not if Arcade Lifestyle allows movies based on video games like dragons lair, but did anyone hapapen to come across this xevious movie? Because I totally want to watch it but the the DVD release was canceled a month after release in roadshow theaters. It's barely an hour long, and here's the plot of the story:

"In the year 2150 A.D. space pilot Takeru and human computer Martha come across a giant ship which contains two mechanical beings called Sara and Ru Mi. They warn Takeru and Martha of the Gump, an alien race that is heading to Earth so that it can take over the planet. With only 40 mintues remaining until Earth's invasion, Takeru enters the Solvalou, a combat aircraft, and heads to the Gump's base on the planet Andoa."

There are only small portions of the xevious footage in the genma wars promotional disc and two screenshots along with theatrical and DVD posters showing small sizes of frames from the movie. Hopefully they sold at least one or more DVD of the xevious movie. But I doubt that. A few people said they recorded the xevious movie, but there was no proof at all. In fact, roadshows might have blocked cameras from being brought in probably because there was a DVD release coming a month after release in theaters.

According to land of obscusion,  the reviews weren't good, unfortunately. It said reviews had said that the movie had dull (I think) dialogue and terrible CGI and other stuffs. This movie is based on the arcade game of the same name.

Reason why the DVD release was canceled:

There was a previously mentioned indicent that Groove Cooperation suffer through, causing the xevious masters to become unavailable, resulting in the xevious movie missing its dvd release date and today there's still no release if it on DVD. Idk about groove cooperation that cooperated with namco as it only existed in the early 2000s. If the situation were reversed the xevious movie would have been released on DVD already. Hopefully namco will release it on DVD. They were making at least one episode of xevious. Not only is it obscure, it is unattainable. There's likely no way to watch nor even buy it.  There is only a small portion of it on genma wars promotional disc. A few websites are selling them.  I might be wrong, but that disc cost $60. No way I am spending such a lot of money just to see a small portion of it. Hopefully though they sold at least one DVD of xevious movie. If so then it might be time to start the quest to save it from oblivion before it is too late. If they didn't sell any, well I'm  afraid all hope of saving xevious movie is lost. Other shows DVD release were also canceled though people did record them airing and put them on the internet although some episodes were later digitally released. Unlike all other shows, xevious movie didn't get that luxury and there was not a single trailer nor a single video showing footages other than the websites showing two screenshots and posters that at the very edge show frames from the film. There wasn't even a soundtrack of it... Or maybe I'm wrong. The "Gump" is mentioned in the track if the same name in xevious 30th anniversary tribute. Perhaps it has music from the 2002 Xevious CG movie.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:15:57 PM by Toykyle »