Author Topic: We plan a dedicated replica cab-site featuring plans and Solidworks animations  (Read 4631 times)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile

A friend of mine from greece and me are going to open a site for high class cabinet replicas.
We try to find guys that are willing to share the exact measurements and I will modelize the single parts in Solidworks.

Therefor the users get complete parts lists for every cabinet and the data will even communicate with CNC-devices, so you just download the files from the site, go to the carpenter and get the cab as a puzzle (or you cut it yourself).

Via Solidworks I also can make super real renderings of the cabinets plus the sideart on it.

Solidworks also offer explsion-renderings and Videos.

Further more the programm will tell me if one single part is not matching 100percent. After the assembling and rendering we can see how the finished product will look like and if it looks 100percent correct.

Over the years there should be 100 of vintage cabinets-plans to download and build.

The puzzle parts will include

Sidepanels
Backplate
Topplate
Floorgroup
Frontplate and coindoor
Control Panel
Screenglass
Marqueeglass
as well as all the internal structure

all angles like the postion of the screen, the CP or the marquee will be incorporated for a 100percent accurat end-product.

Therefore we depend on the most precise measurements and angles from genuine arcade owners.

This will not only help to complete your private arcade but also for the preservation.

Imagine that case:

You buy an old worn Moon Patrol via eBay.
The day it arrives you inspect the cabinet and find out that side panels have bulgings on the bottom edge and the screen is changed to a bigger one and screewed in in odd angle.

All you have to do is to enter the side, search for Moon Patrol, download the certain parts and send it to the carpenter.
Some days later you can pick perfect fitting replacement parts.

A dream that could come if we work together....first there was reproduction artwork....let cabinet replacement pars off the shelf follow  ;)

Hope you guys like the idea and support us doing that

Regards Hannes

I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
That's an awesome idea.  :-*

My two cents : did you already few plans ready for few cabinets or a website structure at least ? Because, in a general way, when starting a new website, always have materials to start with.
If not, start with few cabinets to make available, to show your idea/website, that will give direction to potential contributors.
Unfortunately, don't expect material -especially the one targeted here by your project, that requires a lot of work - to be done by other people if you don't have already something to show.  :? Sad but true...

All be the best for this project of course.  :)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
I don't think it is a good idea, the very few "real" collectors can find and help eachother via aracde forums,  a public website is a good chance for the "modern"  guys to invade the market with mame replicas, you can imagine how many of them will take time/energy/money to find the original parts.
Just my 2 cents of course.

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
Bela, I don't fully agree..
For example I have a Missile Command control panel and boards, but no cabinet.
It's easy to ship a marquee, a bezel or sidearts, but to ship a cab costs a fortune (as you know). I don't mind having a repro cab, and it would be wonderful if I could purchase accurate plans which I could take to the local shop for CNC routing.

Of course it's sad if original parts become impossible to find because of a high number of repro cabs. But I seriously don't think that "modern" guys with MAME replicas have the persistence and stamina to hunt for such parts everywhere.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile

I have spent already time to design cabinets.
I would´nt be intendet to ask for money for the plans. I would maybe do it like a trade system, either you upload measurements of an original dedicated cabinet or you doner.

In the attachment are some shots
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile

More pictures....unfortunately the upload-space is very small

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile

I also made a manual